This discussion is closed.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Im ambidextrous, use my right hand for most things, but left hand for others.

Apparantly, at school, if you being to write with your left hand or whatever, teachers tell you(or at least used to) 'No, use your right hand'

I think this is what might have happened with me, hence using my left hand for loads of stuff!
my dad tried so hard into letting me use my right hand for writing when I was a kid,but I just couldn't do it and wasn't confortable using my right,but he didn't give up on eating until I got the grab of using my right hand for eating
Hazza_CPFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a leftie and designed a left handed writing aid to avoid the DAMN SMUDGING OF THE BLOODY INK which, as you may imagine, becomes a little annoying after a while

But I'm not telling you what it is until the patents come through.
Oziris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im left handed and both footed (although its edging towards my left).

I use my left hand for most things, cant think of the top of my head what i do with my right hand...ooh i know i use the mouse with my right hand
mitch11
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
I don't know whay I'm lefty I know genes made my left part stronger than right but other than that does being a lefty has other effects on me ,like I'm the only lefty between my siblings and I'm a bit different than them :confused:
Ps if you have a good site about left info's give it to me,I'd be intrested to read more about it
i draw with my right hand and colour in with my right. :rolleyes:
Sanna.M
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm left and i think its the best !!!!
Gem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a lefty! I'm creative but decided to go for a degree in Psychology, but thats ok cos I love it and oooooh this little smiley dude :hello: is a lefty too! So its the little thumbs up thingy!
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
I'm a leftie and designed a left handed writing aid to avoid the DAMN SMUDGING OF THE BLOODY INK which, as you may imagine, becomes a little annoying after a while

But I'm not telling you what it is until the patents come through.
the solution is to write mirrored
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to eat with my left hand but my parents were so strict about it,and stuff so I got the hang of eating with my right hand,sometimes unconciously i use my left hand but that is so rare for writing I'd write like a 3 years old kid with my right hand,I find my self pretty much like others except using my left hand,but I wanna know if there are other things that are affected or different other than using different hand for writing or eating :rolleyes:
When I was in primary school, all my teachers were right handed so didn't know what on earth to do with a 3 year old leftie. My first teacher decided to get a tracing paper book and make 26 cards - each one had a captial and little version of each letter.
My second teacher took a different approach...she would tie my left hand to the arm of my chair and teach me to use my right hand instead and if she caught me using my left hand for anything I was kept in at break and made to right my ABCs out with my left hand 10 times!
Over the years, the teacher critistised my handwriting saying they saw better writing from the 3 year olds but nobody helped. It wasn't until I reach Year 3 that I had a teacher who understood why I couldn't write properly with my left (and by this time my right too). He was a new teacher to the school who after my first day with him requested a parent-pupil-teacher meeting...there I was asked questions like how was I taught to write, what kind of my pen did I use etc at first I was thought he was mad but I came to reasile that I was serious behind on developing my handwriting because of a lack of proper teaching.
However I was lucky. He happened to be left handed too! He use to spend 15 mins every day after school helping me improve my writing, he even brought a special pink fountain pen (my favourite colour at the time) from W H Smith for me...He was my favourite teacher at primary school just because he taught me to write!
habosh
Rep:
?
(Original post by a_musical_gal)

My second teacher took a different approach...she would tie my left hand to the arm of my chair and teach me to use my right hand instead and if she caught me using my left hand for anything I was kept in at break and made to right my ABCs out with my left hand 10 times!
Over the years, the teacher critistised my handwriting saying they saw better writing from the 3 year olds but nobody helped. !
Awww*hugs*
I don't know why those people can't understand that when a kid is lefty (s)he is a lefty you can't change that because their left part is stronger than their right part of their body,they were born like that and it's not that big deal,I remember at 6th grade my friend used to take her desk further away because she was a righty and I'm a lefty so there is no space for either of us to write propably :rolleyes:
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Awww*hugs*
I don't know why those people can't understand that when a kid is lefty (s)he is a lefty you can't change that because their left part is stronger than their right part of their body,they were born like that and it's not that big deal,I remember at 6th grade my friend used to take her desk further away because she was a righty and I'm a lefty so there is no space for either of us to write propably :rolleyes:
I have that problem...lol. except over the years I have come to learn to automatically take the left hand seat at a table.
habosh
Rep:
?
I try but I can't,I don't have a nice handwriting ,my handwriting is so ugly
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i usually get my lefts and rights mixed up...
so i normally use both hands to write with in turn...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads