The Student Room Group

Transferring into second year at another university

Hi,
I am really stressed because I want to transfer university as I don't like studying there anymore and rent is too expensive. The deadline before clearing is 30th June and I have not submitted my UCAS application yet. I haven't told my academic tutor yet as I am currently on placement (in a school) and so it is not possible for me to have a meeting with them until my placement has finished (next week -on 15th June). Do you think I should email them anyway and what do I write because I don't want to drop like a massive decision in an email as I think it will come across as rushing into a decision too quickly (but I have thought it out). But I need a reference from my academic tutor and they need to complete it before 30th June. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
It will sound like you have not really thought it thru even if you have an in-person meeting with your tutor. Have you not flagged your concerns to him/her before? Regardless, they are obligated to give you a reference - assuming your attendance and behaviour has been acceptable. Write to your tutor asap, don't wait for an in-person meeting.
Email and follow it up with a follow phone call if you can
Original post by mike23mike
It will sound like you have not really thought it thru even if you have an in-person meeting with your tutor. Have you not flagged your concerns to him/her before? Regardless, they are obligated to give you a reference - assuming your attendance and behaviour has been acceptable. Write to your tutor asap, don't wait for an in-person meeting.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, but I emailed my academic tutor who is happy to give me a reference. Also we will be having an in-person meeting as well to discuss it further. Thank you for your advice!
Original post by PQ
Email and follow it up with a follow phone call if you can

Thank you for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending