Turn on thread page Beta

Stupidly I sent off my UCAS form without double checking the uni courses and for bristol I applied for C300 when I had intended to apply for C100!!! I sent off my form and it was processed on the 8th October, I have heard back from two unis since then for the C100 course and they have given me conditional offers, but for bristol I have heard nothing and am down to do the wrong course! Can this be changed? - will it affect my chances of getting in?

Also my friends tell me they have been invited up to Bristol (not UEA) as they are strong candidates and they feel that they should be sure they want to go to bristol - is this basically an "interview" in everything but name??

Thankyou very much!!

ReputationRep:
    what course is it for? If you wanted to apply for a less competitive course at bristol - I think in this case C100 rather than C300 you may be able to if you contact Senate House at Bristol, or the specific admissions tutor. They should be able to change it. Although I wouldnt have thought that you could if it was a different uni.

i know it is possible. as i remember i changed a course from M120 to M100 for essex university. LLB Law and European studies to straight LLB law. Explain to them the situation, why you want to change, realistic and genuine one. For me; i just didnt want to go abroad and rather do a masters, so they informed UCAS of the change of course and obviously it appeared changed on the online tracker. this may take up to two weeks for all of the process. i changed it like in april, when i had sent ucas app in nov/dec.

by the way Bristol will make you another offer for C100 if the entry requirements are higher or if they are willing to take you on the same offer of C300. It all depends on the uni admin staff of ur department.

what i cant understand is how when your AS2 came you didnt realise and each time you checked on the net you didnt realise???

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.