Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which are you going to? Who do you reckon's going to play?

I'm prob going to reading, despite being quite dissapointed by the line up. (See below), and I'd like to at least try for glastonbury.

Isle Of Wight have got REM, nice one!

Seems like Glastonbury might have Coldplay, and still possibilities for U2 aswell... If they both play I'll deffo try and go!

Reading apparently have the Foos, Pixies and Iron Maiden Headlining. Bit dissapointed by that tbh.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    soooo tempted by the isle of wight one.......£90 and another few days off work though.....

U2 have been confirmed as NOT playing glasto

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festival...php?FestID=790

Sunday 26 June
    Faithless - strong rumour
    :eek::cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    soooo tempted by the isle of wight one.......£90 and another few days off work though.....

U2 have been confirmed as NOT playing glasto

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festival...php?FestID=790

Sunday 26 June
    Faithless - strong rumour
    :eek::cool:
    One word - Kylie?!?!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ollie)
    One word - Kylie?!?!!
    hmmm - faithless or kylie....I know where I'll be.

Although given that bill bailey might end up on sunday night again they might all have to be missed in his honour ...and it's so nice to watch the fireworks from the stone circle or the acoustic field....

ReputationRep:
    Definitely trying to go to Glastonbury this year... I really don't want to have to wait ANOTHER 2 years! I don't particularly care about the line up to be honest. I just want to go for the experience. I've never been to a summer music festival before and I've wanted to go to Glasto for years.

Whats the bet that aloud.com will just get slashdotted again :rolleyes: Ch! Emap won the prize in my opinion for the worst organistation ever last year hehe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Probably to both Glastonbury and Reading. I've always been to one and not the other, so this year I'm going to both.

Have some random thoughts on who's playing, but nothing concrete.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Definitely trying to go to Glastonbury this year... I really don't want to have to wait ANOTHER 2 years! I don't particularly care about the line up to be honest. I just want to go for the experience. I've never been to a summer music festival before and I've wanted to go to Glasto for years.

Whats the bet that aloud.com will just get slashdotted again :rolleyes: Ch! Emap won the prize in my opinion for the worst organistation ever last year hehe :rolleyes:
    I'm desparately hoping aloud manage to **** up again this year....the steady trickle of re-released (accidental duplicate buying) tickets during April and early May last yr actually meant that anyone who REALLY wanted to go managed to get a ticket. If they fix things the tickets will all be gone within a couple of hours and no duplicates will be released later on for obsessive people

ReputationRep:
    glasto and/or Isle of White, (depending on exam times)

ReputationRep:
    Glasto baby (if all goes well with the damn tickets! :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to V, and really want to go to Glastonbury as well this year .
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    woooo glasto TSR meet....cider bus or brothers bar...or maybe tiny tea tent or the stones?

ReputationRep:
    i'll be goin to v at chelmsford again...
    hopefully the two headliners will be Coldplay and Manic Street Preachers!

ReputationRep:
    Glasto if I can get tickets, and V...

and Reading for the day if the Pixies are playing...

ReputationRep:
    Like most people, going to try to get Glasto tickets. Off to see REM in Hyde Park (which means I can't go to T in the Park again unfortunately - underrated festival). I'm thinking of going to Benicassim in Spain too. Leeds isn't far for me, but it's normally relatively poo.

ReputationRep:
    from Punktastic:

Apparently Foo Fighters, The Pixies and Iron Maiden will headline Reading/Leeds and Queens of the Stone Age, Kasabian, Velvet Revolver, Hot Hot heat, The Bravery, Killing Joke, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party, Babyshambles, The Mars Volta and Elbow will play on the other stages

i'll still probably go but the lineup sounds too much like it belongs at V Festival, quite dissapointing really, really like Kasabian though

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to Reading. I normally prefer the line-up at V or Glastonbury but I've been to Reading the past 2 years and it's just tradition now.

I've heard rumours of Oasis, Feeder, Green Day and Muse for Reading. Not sure if any of them are true. Oasis' new album is out in May though so it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the Pixies split up again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    I'm definitely going to Reading. I normally prefer the line-up at V or Glastonbury but I've been to Reading the past 2 years and it's just tradition now.

I've heard rumours of Oasis, Feeder, Green Day and Muse for Reading. Not sure if any of them are true. Oasis' new album is out in May though so it's possible.
    Muse is possible, but oasis and green day have no chance I wouldn't have thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)

if that is true then it would be the best Festival in the World :cool:

but i doubt Oasis would play because they have pleanty of Huge shows of their own

i'm traditionaly a Reading festival goer but my mates at Uni want to go to Leeds cos they live nearer there, i think i'll end up at Reading again though

ReputationRep:
    Either V or Reading, methinks...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.