Turn on thread page Beta

Summer Festivals 2005 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I reallllly wanna go to Download, Line-up hardly confirmed yet but don't think it'll matter too much

And as i live in Leeds i want to go probably for a day

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering making a road trip of it and going to dublin for Oxegen. £50 return plane, and £90 for the 2 days plus weekend camping. Could tie it in with a few days in Dublin too...

At the moment Foo Fighters, Ian Brown and Prodigy confirmed, but Killers Razorlight and GreenDay all expected...

Its just I think the line up at reading is looking rather crap.

ReputationRep:
    Feck... I'm so high on rumours now... Give me more rumours!!! :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenurservant)
    I reallllly wanna go to Download, Line-up hardly confirmed yet but don't think it'll matter too much

And as i live in Leeds i want to go probably for a day
    If I can afford it I want to go to download as well, although it is a bit steep at £115 for all days plus camping.

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll have to be Reading, Glasto clashes with exams (sort of i have 3 exams 2 days after it finishes...)

ReputationRep:
    Scissor Sisters confirmed as a headliner for V

Oh joy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    Scissor Sisters confirmed as a headliner for V

Oh joy :rolleyes:
    Ah, I love easy decisions. Some acts for Download as well:
    Friday - Feeder, Garbage, Billy Idol
    Saturday - Black Sabbath, Velvet Revolver, HIM
    Sunday - System Of A Down, Slipknot, Slayer

So far only confirmed for Donnington (i.e., no Scotland like last year). Also, Saturday is actually Ozzfest.

ReputationRep:
    Killers added to Oxegen aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to try and get to Glasto.

Also, I'd like to go to Reading and V, but that depends on how busy my summer is and how much money i've got left.

ReputationRep:
    From the NME yesterday, rumours for V (apart from Scisser Sisters who are confirmed) are;

Oasis, Prodigy, New Order, The Killers, Keane, The Streets, Stereophonics, Maroon 5, Franz Ferdinand, Thirteen Senses, Elbow, Ian Brown, Fightstar, Snow Patrol, Embrace.

How wicked does that look?! :cool:

Also there are a few T in the Park rumours;

Greenday, Foo Fighters, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Prodigy, The SUbways, Ian Brown, Fightstar.

The are only rumours, though, so not dead set though probably quite likely.

ReputationRep:
    V looks really good this year, as does the Isle of Wight festival! Reading, is that lineup confirmed?! part of me hopes it is, 'cause then I wont feel half as bad for missing the festival for the first time in three years! it looks ****!!

Would love to go to V and Glasto, but I'm hopefully going to be in America over the entire summer festival period! Although I will be here for IoW, and if any more good bands are added to that lineup I'll head down there for a weekend lol

ReputationRep:
    I MUST see the Prodigy live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    V looks really good this year, as does the Isle of Wight festival! Reading, is that lineup confirmed?! part of me hopes it is, 'cause then I wont feel half as bad for missing the festival for the first time in three years! it looks ****!!

Would love to go to V and Glasto, but I'm hopefully going to be in America over the entire summer festival period! Although I will be here for IoW, and if any more good bands are added to that lineup I'll head down there for a weekend lol
    For me, this years T is brilliant. They announced some of the line up today:

(Original post by virtual festivals)
    Foo Fighters will headline on the Saturday, with Keane, Embrace, The Streets, Audioslave, Beautiful South and The Coral also confirmed.

On Sunday, Green Day will head up the bill, with The Killers, Prodigy, Kasabian, Ian Brown, Razorlight and Biffy Clyro playing as well.

The festival's boss Geoff Ellis said: "It’s fantastic to welcome back Green Day to the event - this time in a headline slot. In addition, we have already secured some of the biggest and best acts of the moment, including 2005 Brit award winners Keane and The Streets, with many more to be announced over the coming months."

Yesterday Ellis told Virtual Festivals that he's in negotiations to bring another massive act to Balado - a personal favourite of his, who he claims, "will be worth the ticket price itself!"
    That last paragraph is pretty cool. Maybe Franz? I can't beleive they'll get another massive act to sit below the foos or GD.

Lucky for me is that they share most the line up with Oxegen festival in ireland which is where I think I'm heading given Readings crap lineup.

ReputationRep:
    I heavily recommend T in the Park to anybody - I went last year, and it was well organised on a good site. People dismiss it because they've either not heard of it, or it's too far, but it's worth the effort.

ReputationRep:
    Well the headliners at the Isle of Wight festival are a bit sucky - Morrisey, Roxy Music, Faithless, Razorlight, REM and Embrace. Could be worse I spose :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    *bump*
    http://www.tinthepark.com/lineup05.html
    Glad I'm not going this year, I'd never be able to choose between the Foos, New Order, Doves and the Super Furries....

ReputationRep:
    hey wots the IOW festival like cause i was thinking of going this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    hmmm - faithless or kylie....I know where I'll be.

Although given that bill bailey might end up on sunday night again they might all have to be missed in his honour ...and it's so nice to watch the fireworks from the stone circle or the acoustic field....
    Bill Bailey is ACEO-one h*ll of a funny dude! :cool: Love his eyes doing the glare... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    reading!! yes reading. woop, cant wait for alkaline trio

ReputationRep:
    Download here (Motorhead & Nightwish & HIM ) got the tickets last week. Wasn't planning on Leedsfest as the line up isn't really my type of music but then Iron Maiden got announced as headliners so may just go for the Friday. £65 for the one day is a teensy bit steep for me though.

Also going to Wacken (in Germany), 13th Day in Birmingham and possibly Bloodstock. More for metal-heads though than indie or rock types. However as there's fewer of us lot, the tickets are MUCH cheaper

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.