The Student Room Group

Moving from Part Time to Full Time

I would like some info into a query I have I have recently finished the first year of a part time course of Video game design

. My query is if I would be able to swap to full time in the 2nd year, and see if I would be able to get funding for the full time course, even though I have previous years of being funded for another course
Original post by Blade_lily
I would like some info into a query I have I have recently finished the first year of a part time course of Video game design

. My query is if I would be able to swap to full time in the 2nd year, and see if I would be able to get funding for the full time course, even though I have previous years of being funded for another course

Hi there,

Apart from this course do you have any other previous study at degree-level?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Apart from this course do you have any other previous study at degree-level?

Thanks, Graeme

Yes, I have 3 previous years of study for another games design course at another university, the first 2 years I recieved full funding, but was unable to complete the 3rd year, which was a repeat year, due to the covid pandemic.
Original post by Blade_lily
Yes, I have 3 previous years of study for another games design course at another university, the first 2 years I recieved full funding, but was unable to complete the 3rd year, which was a repeat year, due to the covid pandemic.

Okay, so it sounds like you have 3 years of full-time previous study in total.

This means if you decide to study full-time in Year 2 of your current course you won't be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan in that year due to your previous study.

However, if you have Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) for not completing your previous course we can award an additional year of funding. Please see the link below for more details.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending