Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i applied to do music and media management at london met n got offered a place n now i am panicing that it will be too businessy and i will find it boring!! i havent studies business before so im not gonna know anything!! what can i do!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrit)
    i applied to do music and media management at london met n got offered a place n now i am panicing that it will be too businessy and i will find it boring!! i havent studies business before so im not gonna know anything!! what can i do!!
    Call them up and ask to change? I expect it's really easy, loads of people do it. Maybe try to change to just music, or you could do music with media management so the emphasis is on the music side? Email them or call up and ask if either of these are possible, but try not to worry because I bet they will be. They'd rather you were studying something you will enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Call them up to change the course. Is this course/uni a firm or insurance offer? If it's none of the, leave it. If it's a firm or insurance change the course or choose another uni.

ReputationRep:
    ive seen a tv production course i quite like the look of, but its at the uni my frined is at n i dont want her/people think im only goin coz shes there n i cant live without her etc!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. Just try to ignore her and get on with the course. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Or you could just accept the offer, and start the course, then after experiencing it, if you don't like it you can change to another degrere within the university. Business is quite easy to pick up though, and learning something new could be simulating, you never know you could love it. Get an introduction to business from the library and do some pre-reading to see what its all about.

ReputationRep:
    I think changing the course would be better than starting the course that you don't like then changing it though.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about not understanding business studies, they are very much likely to teach the course as if you know anything anyway. However there is nothing worse than doing a boring degree.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.