The Student Room Group

what happens if you get equivalent grades on results day?

I have an offer for A*AA and while it's extremely unlikely, i'm wondering what happens if you get A*A*B instead of A*AA? my presumption was that you wouldn't get in, but wondering if anyone knows?
It depends on the university and what results other people have on results day so you may or may not be accepted, maybe contact your uni to find out?
(Original post by soupstore)I have an offer for A*AA and while it's extremely unlikely, i'm wondering what happens if you get A*A*B instead of A*AA? my presumption was that you wouldn't get in, but wondering if anyone knows?

You would have missed your offer so the university can reject you. Whether they will depends on the number of students who met their offers and whether they still have places. For an A*AA university I suspect there wont be spare spaces but that wont be known until results day
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by soupstore)I have an offer for A*AA and while it's extremely unlikely, i'm wondering what happens if you get A*A*B instead of A*AA? my presumption was that you wouldn't get in, but wondering if anyone knows?

You would have missed your offer so the university can reject you. Whether they will depends on the number of students who met their offers and whether they still have places. For an A*AA university I suspect there wont be spare spaces but that wont be known until results day

that's what i thought was the case but my mum was hassling me about it so thought i'd ask. thank you!
Unis get your results ahead of you so there should be a decision on Hub for you as soon as it reopens.

The decision will be final so there’s no need to contact the uni unless there’s no decision at all on UCAS.
You can always ring the university and ask them this question. Some universities will be able to reassure you. Many universities will try to accept applicants with equivalent grades as long as the lower grade isn’t in a relevant subject.

Generally equivalent grades will be higher in the preference order than applicants who have dropped a grade without getting a higher grade in another subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending