Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I get called 'camp' for the way i dress, mainly by my friends who like to dress differently to me. Pretty much all my ex girlfreinds have said i'm well dressed, though, so i guess it's okay. My mates are just jealous. :p:

I wear the sort of clothes you'd get in burtons. Ripped or 'Washed-out' Jeans. You know, the type that have the colour washed out of them. Then pretty much any top from there, long sleeved casual or just T-shirts.

Where i live Townies and chav wear the same things - Tracksuit bottoms tucked into football socks, hooded jackets, Caps - usually burberry or nike - halfway up there head, reebok classics and plenty of 'Bling' haha - and hang around the town centre casuing trouble and generally being a lout. Chavs are generally the worse ones, pretty much a step up from townies.

Damn i hate them. Look at this guy. Haha
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    That is the worst thing I have ever seen :p:

ReputationRep:
    i would say none of the above, think im pretty normal out of any of them i'd say grunger but then again im wearing a grey kappa jacket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Muffin)
    I would say I'm a mix of goth, grunger, hippie, geek and weirdo. Pretty unclassable really
    You're a Them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Garage)
    Wait for it...
    explain what a townie is.

wtf is a grunger?

ReputationRep:
    non of the above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweety)
    non of the above

Ditto, although i was brought up by Goths, whilst surrounded by Chavs :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Even though i'm not as much of a Ned (chav) as a lot of other people i know, I think i could be classes as one since i do pretty much the same as the "proper" neds in my town anyways and i hang about with the most famous neds in Bellshill. hehe :p:

ReputationRep:
    A chav goes around smoking and going 'yeah you want some hippy?', where as townie's hang around pubs on friday nights (rather than random street corners -like chavs) and think that underage boozing in clubs is better than underage boozing in the streets(like chavs) with bottles that their uncaring parents have bought them.
    Erm hate to bring this to you mate, but what you've just described there is a scallie. Someone who smokes, does drugs, thinks they are the hardest thing around and spends every friday night getting pissed. Townies are just normal people.

How come Moshers aren't up there. We're people too you know.

ReputationRep:
    Well id say none of the above

But since i wear loads of black and depressing, i might aswell put goth down lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Erm hate to bring this to you mate, but what you've just described there is a scallie. Someone who smokes, does drugs, thinks they are the hardest thing around and spends every friday night getting pissed. Townies are just normal people.

How come Moshers aren't up there. We're people too you know.
    How is a mosher defined?

All these groups confuse me many muchly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    How is a mosher defined?
    We're the people at the front of a stage at live band performances and are "moshing" (head banging).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    We're the people at the front of a stage at live band performances and are "moshing" (head banging).
    Oh ok....is that now a whole social group then?

Hehe, the other day I was dancing in front of the stage while my boyfriend was playing a gig and a mosh pit got started and before I could run away I went flying across the pub! Me no like moshing

ReputationRep:
    Wait for it...
    what about bohemian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Oh ok....is that now a whole social group then?

Hehe, the other day I was dancing in front of the stage while my boyfriend was playing a gig and a mosh pit got started and before I could run away I went flying across the pub! Me no like moshing
    Where do you think the terms "mosh pit" and "moshing" came from :rolleyes: . We've been around for ages.

Moshing is fantastic, esspecially when the other ones are pissed and the music is fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    sloney

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Where do you think the terms "mosh pit" and "moshing" came from :rolleyes: . We've been around for ages.

Moshing is fantastic, esspecially when the other ones are pissed and the music is fantastic.
    I sit at a group with some mosher/goth people in R.E at school and one of the guys always puts his headphones on and starts moshing in the middle of the class. It is the most mortifying thing ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I sit at a group with some mosher/goth people in R.E at school and one of the guys always puts his headphones on and starts moshing in the middle of the class. It is the most mortifying thing ever!
    i dunno... its wierd people almost change there personalities to fit into these sterotypes to fit in

sad isnt it (that people have to turn to that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I'll have to know the song and/or band before I give my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    "None of the above".

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.