The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i hate phones i never say what i mean/need to, and i stutter and talk crap half the time, also i make don't know faces rather than say don't know, which doesn't work too well. :frown:

i don't hate them half as much as answering machines though.
SiAnY
:frown: :frown: It's quite life-hindering tbh!

Apparently my grandad was the same, how odd. Apart from that, I feel like the only person in the world who hates using the phone! I don't mind when people phone me, I can answer the phone, but I don't like phoning people...and I am even scared of that fact that BSM will 'call me back' when I try to book driving lessons.

ACK.

I'm actually very timid when it comes to the phone, i'd hate to think that i've distrubed someone, so i just dont phone anybody. Most of my friends phone me, and my family get very annoyed when i dont call them, and make me feel very horrible about it.

IT'S NOT EVEN JUST THE PHONE, i even hate initiating a conversation on MSN messenger through fear of interrupting the person. What is problem with me? I just fear that i will have nothing to say if i initiate a conversation with another person, which has led me to become very scared of using the phone (sometimes being signed in to MSN).

OH WELL :redface:
Reply 22
Cellardore
lol, what's the worse they can do over the phone, shoot you? :rolleyes:

Yes, actually...
Yeah I know.
glance
Yes, actually...

ok, i think there's a fine line between paranoia and stupidity here...
Cellardore
ok, i think there's a fine line between paranoia and stupidity here...

And which side are you on?
Reply 26
I used to fear calling places like formal calls for example like banks and centres and stuff...but my mom didn't accept that i didn't tell her but she is like call *place*and I'm like no you do it,and she is like I'm busy you do it weak or not it's up to you specialy when it's something I need so I get forced to do the call and after couple of times it was all ok:wink:
Reply 27
Cellardore
lol, what's the worse they can do over the phone, shoot you? :rolleyes:

for me it was a matter of lazyness like pick the right words if it's a formal place or something :rolleyes:
Reply 28
phones are cool, its answering machines! its like talking to yourself! i forget what i need to say and make up words and weird stuff like that, sometimes i hear the answermachine, hang up, think it thru and then ring again and leave a message....im weird like that
SiAnY

Apparently my grandad was the same, how odd. Apart from that, I feel like the only person in the world who hates using the phone! I don't mind when people phone me, I can answer the phone, but I don't like phoning people...and I am even scared of that fact that BSM will 'call me back' when I try to book driving lessons.

ACK.

i was once a lot like that. i would put off calling someone for agggges just because i hated calling peeps. grew out of it though when it become too much of a hindrance
Reply 30
I find it difficult to phone people too :frown: I don't know why!
Reply 31
MattG
phones are cool, its answering machines! its like talking to yourself! i forget what i need to say and make up words and weird stuff like that, sometimes i hear the answermachine, hang up, think it thru and then ring again and leave a message....im weird like that

Yeh I do that as well, and sometimes write stuff I need to say down on a bit of paper before ringing back, otherwise you forget what you're saying and sound like a twat :smile:
SiAnY

ACK.

I hate using the phone too - you're not alone!
MattG

I never get as far as leaving a message, I put the phone straight down as soon as I hear the answering machine!
Reply 34
SiAnY

ACK.

im like that i hate calling people expecially people i dont know or havent called before i start shaking
Eeyore
I never get as far as leaving a message, I put the phone straight down as soon as I hear the answering machine!

Snap
Reply 36
angel D
im like tht i hate callin ppl expecially ppl i dnt no or havent called before i start shakin

i quote the faq: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_forum_guidelines

Spell Correctly- Try not to litter your postings with errors. Also, TRY NT T WRT N TXT LNGGE WTH VWLS STRPPED T.

miserable old forum bugger phase over, :smile:
Reply 37
SiAnY

ACK.

i hate people who have the wrong number :hmpf:
Reply 38
i hate the fact that u cant see the peoples emotions to and its quite hard to know what there thinking from there voice
Reply 39
SiAnY

ACK.

I'm exactly the same. Hate phoning folk. I feel akward.

Latest

Trending

Trending