:eek: omg, shout at you!? what a terrible concept that'll be:rolleyes:
rainjan_4now
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
It's quite life-hindering tbh!

Apparently my grandad was the same, how odd. Apart from that, I feel like the only person in the world who hates using the phone! I don't mind when people phone me, I can answer the phone, but I don't like phoning people...and I am even scared of that fact that BSM will 'call me back' when I try to book driving lessons.

ACK.
I'm actually very timid when it comes to the phone, i'd hate to think that i've distrubed someone, so i just dont phone anybody. Most of my friends phone me, and my family get very annoyed when i dont call them, and make me feel very horrible about it.

IT'S NOT EVEN JUST THE PHONE, i even hate initiating a conversation on MSN messenger through fear of interrupting the person. What is problem with me? I just fear that i will have nothing to say if i initiate a conversation with another person, which has led me to become very scared of using the phone (sometimes being signed in to MSN).

OH WELL
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cellardore)
lol, what's the worse they can do over the phone, shoot you? :rolleyes:
Yes, actually...
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I know.
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by glance)
Yes, actually...
ok, i think there's a fine line between paranoia and stupidity here...
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok, i think there's a fine line between paranoia and stupidity here...
And which side are you on?
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to fear calling places like formal calls for example like banks and centres and stuff...but my mom didn't accept that i didn't tell her but she is like call *place*and I'm like no you do it,and she is like I'm busy you do it weak or not it's up to you specialy when it's something I need so I get forced to do the call and after couple of times it was all ok
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, what's the worse they can do over the phone, shoot you? :rolleyes:
for me it was a matter of lazyness like pick the right words if it's a formal place or something :rolleyes:
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
phones are cool, its answering machines! its like talking to yourself! i forget what i need to say and make up words and weird stuff like that, sometimes i hear the answermachine, hang up, think it thru and then ring again and leave a message....im weird like that
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)

Apparently my grandad was the same, how odd. Apart from that, I feel like the only person in the world who hates using the phone! I don't mind when people phone me, I can answer the phone, but I don't like phoning people...and I am even scared of that fact that BSM will 'call me back' when I try to book driving lessons.

ACK.
i was once a lot like that. i would put off calling someone for agggges just because i hated calling peeps. grew out of it though when it become too much of a hindrance
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I find it difficult to phone people too I don't know why!
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
phones are cool, its answering machines! its like talking to yourself! i forget what i need to say and make up words and weird stuff like that, sometimes i hear the answermachine, hang up, think it thru and then ring again and leave a message....im weird like that
Yeh I do that as well, and sometimes write stuff I need to say down on a bit of paper before ringing back, otherwise you forget what you're saying and sound like a twat
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)

ACK.
I hate using the phone too - you're not alone!
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
I never get as far as leaving a message, I put the phone straight down as soon as I hear the answering machine!
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)

ACK.
im like that i hate calling people expecially people i dont know or havent called before i start shaking
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
I never get as far as leaving a message, I put the phone straight down as soon as I hear the answering machine!
Snap
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by angel D)
im like tht i hate callin ppl expecially ppl i dnt no or havent called before i start shakin
i quote the faq: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq....rum_guidelines

Spell Correctly- Try not to litter your postings with errors. Also, TRY NT T WRT N TXT LNGGE WTH VWLS STRPPED T.
miserable old forum bugger phase over,
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)

ACK.
i hate people who have the wrong number :hmpf:
amo1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i hate the fact that u cant see the peoples emotions to and its quite hard to know what there thinking from there voice
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)

ACK.
I'm exactly the same. Hate phoning folk. I feel akward.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.02%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.68%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.29%

Watched Threads