Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My friends and i have narrowed it down to two:

Laganos, Xante = 2+ star hotel (£310)
    or
    Albufera, Portugal = 4 star hotel (£330)

Has anyone been to either of these areas (is Albufera v much a family place, we're going early Sept), and which one would u choose?

ReputationRep:
    Where? :confused:I have never heard of these places.

ReputationRep:
    Portugal - better hotel for only £20 more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Portugal - better hotel for only £20 more!
    I'd go by that assumption too

ReputationRep:
    Forget about the hotel, its about having fun, zante will be busy and full of people, nobody will be at that portuguese place you mention, Ive been to zante and its amazing.

Laganas, Zante!

ReputationRep:
    i been 2 albufeira with family and its very family orientated. zante is much better and busier but somewhere like malia, kos, magaluf etc would be way betta than both.

ReputationRep:
    This completely depends on what type of break you want. Laganas is non-stop partying and very busy. I've been to both and prefer Albufeira purely because it has a nice, quaint, old town and a bustling side with loads of clubs and bars.

We stayed in a 4* hotel called 'Perola do Algarve' in Albufeira which is fantastic and right between Albufeira's two sides - the Old Town with Fisherman's Beach, and 'The Strip' which is where all the young people go! Fisherman's Beach is ok, but if you walk 10 minutes in any direction you come to some beautiful empty beaches. I loved it, went last year, it's hot but not so hot that you get burnt in the shade! One tip if you do go, don't buy anything expensive i.e. jewellry or bags - everything I bought is now rusty and/or broken!

This year I'm going to Kardamena in Kos which is similar to Albufeira in that it has a choice of busy-busy stuff or more laid back things. Oooh and also Albufeira has loads of watersports - I did paragliding, and it has a huge water park/zoo called 'Zoomarine' where you can spend 2 hours swimming with dolphins for 80 Euros! It's wikid!

Anyway, have fun wherever you go, hope this helps you. PM me if you want to know anything else. x

ReputationRep:
    my mate 'dave' said Albufera was v v nice

warning name may have been changed for security perposes

ReputationRep:
    defintley Laganas, Zante

great clubbing holiday, quality beach, nice place, easily Laganas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    my mate 'dave' said Albufera was v v nice

warning name may have been changed for security perposes
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Zante, kalimaki or something, it's soooo good! If thats anything to go by Laganos wil lbe superb.

ReputationRep:
    i went 2 zante last summer n had best 2 weeks of my life there!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.