The Student Room Group

GCSE- Special consideration

I was taken to the hospital and had to recover at home for a week in the middle of my exams causing me to miss about half of them. I’ve completed at least one exam for each subject but my schools saying i won’t be awarded any grade for the ones i’ve missed and will fail the subjects i’ve not fully completed exams in which means i won’t be able to get into my college courses despite applying for special consideration because i need at least a Grade 6 in all subjects needed.
Is this true/ is there anything that I can do to not fail and still get into my college courses?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sciencedude_
I was taken to the hospital and had to recover at home for a week in the middle of my exams causing me to miss about half of them. I’ve completed at least one exam for each subject but my schools saying i won’t be awarded any grade for the ones i’ve missed and will fail the subjects i’ve not fully completed exams in which means i won’t be able to get into my college courses despite applying for special consideration because i need at least a Grade 6 in all subjects needed.
Is this true/ is there anything that I can do to not fail and still get into my college courses?

https://www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Guide_to_spec_con_process_2223_FINAL.pdf

Page 8 - have you completed 25% of the assessment?
Reply 2

Yeah, i’ve completed more than 25% in all of my subjects.
Reply 3
Yeah, i’ve completed more than 25% in all of my subjects.

So talk again to school and get parents involved - they are wrong
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
So talk again to school and get parents involved - they are wrong

Okay, Thanks so much for the help. My parents have set up a meeting with the school to try and sort it out.
Reply 5
Okay, Thanks so much for the help. My parents have set up a meeting with the school to try and sort it out.

Refer to the document I linked - maybe print out the specific page.

Quick Reply

Latest