This discussion is closed.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Argh! It's my A level music recital tonight and I'm terrified!! Stupidly enough, one of the things I'm most concerned about is bowing when the audience applauds - I always feel such a prat! Anyone got any tips?!
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Argh! It's my A level music recital tonight and I'm terrified!! Stupidly enough, one of the things I'm most concerned about is bowing when the audience applauds - I always feel such a prat! Anyone got any tips?!
Think positively
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Awww....best of luck. Im sure you'll kick ass Just imagine the audience arent there and that its just another practice. And tell yourself it'll all be over soon. And the bow, hehe, I always fel like a tit bowing. Could you do a half curtsey nod thing? If that makes sense
Create
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Smile, don't bow too low, bend at your middle though (don't just nod you're head), and definitely more smiling!

What are you playing?
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
picture them naked
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Make sure your not drunk. If your drunk, and you bow, as likely as not, you'll end up doing a somersault... not that i'm saying i've ever done that or anything *ahem*
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amo1)
picture them naked
No, that'll distract you too much!
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Make sure your not drunk. If your drunk, and you bow, as likely as not, you'll end up doing a somersault... not that i'm saying i've ever done that or anything *ahem*
LOL!! Actually, id be pretty impressed if somebody did a music recital and ended with a somersault
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
LOL!! Actually, id be pretty impressed if somebody did a music recital and ended with a somersault
Particularly if they were playing the cello! Now that would be something...
Agrippina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Create)
Smile, don't bow too low, bend at your middle though (don't just nod you're head), and definitely more smiling!

What are you playing?
Thanks for the tips everyone!

I'm playing Telemann's Viola Concerto, "Elegie" by Glasunow and "Idylle" by Benjamin Godard. The last one's for flute, didn't think I could handle playing the viola for the whole recital!
squeezeevans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey ... Ive been told when to bow say to yourself "are my shoes dirty?" slowly and this is about long enough for a successful bow!

Good luck

Louisexxxx
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
Well more a clumsy fall over themselves, if they are drunk... but as i said, i don't claim to have any experience of this *ahem*
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kew96158)
Particularly if they were playing the cello! Now that would be something...
*falls off chair laughing* Can you imagine?? It would be terriffic. Plus, its a perfect and highly entertaining alternative to an awkward bow
Create
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for the tips everyone!

I'm playing Telemann's Viola Concerto, "Elegie" by Glasunow and "Idylle" by Benjamin Godard. The last one's for flute, didn't think I could handle playing the viola for the whole recital!
Sounds like a terrific programme! Best of luck and hope it goes well for you!
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Sounds like a terrific programme! Best of luck and hope it goes well for you!
Thanks! I'm on first, so I'm opening the concert! :eek:
Create
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks! I'm on first, so I'm opening the concert! :eek:

Oooh! That's really good! Then you can sit back and relax when you're listening to everyone else Start it all off with a bang! You'll be great!
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Oooh! That's really good! Then you can sit back and relax when you're listening to everyone else Start it all off with a bang! You'll be great!
Yes, I'll be glad to get it over with early rather than waiting listening to everyone else and thinking what a hard act to follow they are! :p: Good old Telemann will be a good start to the concert though!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.87%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.73%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.74%
It might lead to more bullying (82)
35.19%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.47%

Watched Threads