The Student Room Group

Please help me out

Is it okay if I give 2 full Alevels in one year and then one last full Alevels subject the second year?
Original post by toruus
Is it okay if I give 2 full Alevels in one year and then one last full Alevels subject the second year?

Sure. It's an unusual way of going about it, but you'll have taken three A levels over two years - which is perfectly normal.

Is your school/college OK with this, or will you be a private candidate?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Sure. It's an unusual way of going about it, but you'll have taken three A levels over two years - which is perfectly normal.

Is your school/college OK with this, or will you be a private candidate?

Thank you so much. I'm a private candidate
Original post by toruus
Thank you so much. I'm a private candidate

What are your reasons for doing 2 in one year and then one in the second year?
Reply 4
Original post by CuteHarpSeal527
What are your reasons for doing 2 in one year and then one in the second year?

Well, firstly I feel like I'd be able to manage it better? since I'm not doing AS and secondly I don't want to put all of the financial burden on my parents at once, if that makes sense
Original post by toruus
Well, firstly I feel like I'd be able to manage it better? since I'm not doing AS and secondly I don't want to put all of the financial burden on my parents at once, if that makes sense

That's true, although doing the 2 in one year would mean you had a shorter time I guess. The main expenses are really the exams and any practical exams if you have them, unless you are doing one of those online courses. Just be aware I guess that it would mean more work than the usual for the first year if you are ok with that.
Reply 6
Perfectly fine, don't worry. Good Luck.
Reply 7
Depends on the Uni - always check by emailing each Uni and asking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending