Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im sure this has been done before but how many lessons did u take to pass ur driving

ReputationRep:
    If I pass first time it will be about 18.. haven't passed it yet though

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that the average is 40 hours,I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *alicia*)
    shaft may have insulted soo many people wiyth poll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    shaft may have insulted soo many people wiyth poll
    Unless they have 2 hour lessons,in which case they woul only have had 20 :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    i'm taking my lessons now. Had 4 and about halfway there

ReputationRep:
    I really don't remember how many lessons I had! I just know how many months it took me (5). I had to switch instructor half way through though because my first one was so horrible to me! She shouted at me, insulted me, even made me cry a few times. *****! My second one was cool though

ReputationRep:
    I had 30hours with an instructor...now I am just driving my own car with my dad and hope to pass one day!

ReputationRep:
    27 hours of guided tuition in 2-3hour stints

(Original post by *alicia*)
    average is 40 with instructor and time with someone else

ReputationRep:
    I had 20 lessons with one instructor and was doing really well but then he was really poorly and so I had to go with a different instructor who I was really not relaxed with and i was so scared of him compared to my first instructor. I had another 20 lessons with him. Even though my first intructor had said a few more lessons and I would be ready for my test my second instructor didn't seem to think so. So all in all I would say I had about 40, 1 hour lessons.

ReputationRep:
    i did about 35 if i recall. wasnt the cars fault, or mine. just how many i took.

ReputationRep:
    How is it possible to pass with only 0-10 lessons? Or are we talking 2 hour lessons? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    haha I just had my 43rd lesson, lol, Im ****. My instructor keeps pushing me, she thinks Im too laid back, when Im not. Lol, I just cant concentrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    i did about 35 if i recall. wasnt the cars fault, or mine. just how many i took.
    Ditto:p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I had around 20 lessons I think, but some were 2 hours. Although 2 were with a really crap instructor and thus don't count

ReputationRep:
    i had around 25-30 hours of lessons before failing my test last month! hopefully will be passed very soon

ReputationRep:
    I think i had 10hours of lessons in the end, and a 4month wait between last lesson and test.... Ooops! Never mind I got to drive with my parents so i think thats why I passed, my mum didnt believe me when I said I had passed!

ReputationRep:
    25 hours of lessons, about 400 of my parents screaming at me to slow down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    How is it possible to pass with only 0-10 lessons? Or are we talking 2 hour lessons? :eek:
    definately 1 hour lessons was in my mind... i found 90 mins was the best as 1 hour was too short and 2 hours was to long

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.