The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
CupidzArrow

did you have your interview in a group :O??

Just one-to-one intervew! Simple - don't worry much about it from this angel. :smile:
Have you researched the names of 3/5 drugs and how they work??
Khubseerat
Just one-to-one intervew! Simple - don't worry much about it from this angel. :smile:
Have you researched the names of 3/5 drugs and how they work??

Yup and thats about it :frown:

Don't know what else to research
Heyy everyone!! i have got my interview for manchester university on the 10th dec 2008!!! i am so so scared, have you got any hints?? anything i should research on before i go to my interview?
Congratz on everyone who have recieved offers x
Reply 43
Hi guys i just registered to these forums just now because i wanted to share some good news and hopefully be of any assistance to people who are yet to be interviewed :smile:

I had my interview on the 3rd and i checked track last night at around 11 pm, i have got an offer YAAAY :smile: I have also done MAP so the offer is quite low, glad i did it now even tho it was a lot of work. Good luck to every one :smile:

Conditions of offer
This offer is subject to you obtaining

GCE A level
Grade B - Chemistry
and Grade B - Biology
and Grade C - English Literature

Guys btw dont rely on ur email, keep checking track because they dont send a notification email saying there has been a change on track till the next day or something.

Also people awaiting an interview, do some research on cardio vascular disease, saturated/unsaturated fats difference between them (bonds), which is easier to break and why (Unsaturated easier to break due to carbon carbon double bonds, higher electron density around the double bond thus its easier to attack), what attacks and breaks it? ( lipase enzyme). Also how medicines are taken? (intravenously, subcutaneously etc) and why are the advantages of each different method ( slow pased effect, fast paced effect). Name 3 medicine and there uses. Tell me about your strenghts and weaknesses. He also asked me why insulin is not taken intravenously (because it is going directly into the blood stream, and is too fast thus might drop the blood sugar level dangerously low), how is it taken and why (subcutaneously to create a slow absorbtion effect, thus mimicing the bodies own insulin release system to maintain the blood sugar level), why cant it be taken orally (protease enzymes will destroy it as it is a protein). Mine was quite a long interview, i went in last so i guess he didnt stick to the 15 mins allocated mine went on for 25 mins but it was very positive he even went on to say that he had enjoyed interviewing me and i thanked him for his time and left. So guys best tip is just to relax and smile, do your research and its gonna be fine.
Reply 44
dJaffacake
Hi guys i just registered to these forums just now because i wanted to share some good news and hopefully be of any assistance to people who are yet to be interviewed :smile:

I had my interview on the 3rd and i checked track last night at around 11 pm, i have got an offer YAAAY :smile: I have also done MAP so the offer is quite low, glad i did it now even tho it was a lot of work. Good luck to every one :smile:

Conditions of offer

GCE A level
Grade B - Chemistry
and Grade B - Biology

Guys btw dont rely on ur email, keep checking track because they dont send a notification email saying there has been a change on track till the next day or something.

Also people awaiting an interview, do some research on cardio vascular disease, saturated/unsaturated fats difference between them (bonds), which is easier to break and why (Unsaturated easier to break due to carbon carbon double bonds, higher electron density around the double bond thus its easier to attack), what attacks and breaks it? ( lipase enzyme). Also how medicines are taken? (intravenously, subcutaneously etc) and why are the advantages of each different method ( slow pased effect, fast paced effect). Name 3 medicine and there uses. Tell me about your strenghts and weaknesses. He also asked me why insulin is not taken intravenously (because it is going directly into the blood stream, and is too fast thus might drop the blood sugar level dangerously low), how is it taken and why (subcutaneously to create a slow absorbtion effect, thus mimicing the bodies own insulin release system to maintain the blood sugar level), why cant it be taken orally (protease enzymes will destroy it as it is a protein). Mine was quite a long interview, i went in last so i guess he didnt stick to the 15 mins allocated mine went on for 25 mins but it was very positive he even went on to say that he had enjoyed interviewing me and i thanked him for his time and left. So guys best tip is just to relax and smile, do your research and its gonna be fine.

congrats!!
Reply 45
dJaffacake

Conditions of offer

GCE A level
Grade B - Chemistry
and Grade B - Biology

Congratulations!
Reply 46
thx guys :smile:
Reply 47
dJaffacake

Conditions of offer

GCE A level
Grade B - Chemistry
and Grade B - Biology

Hey congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's MAP?

Latest

Trending

Trending