Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    another quick question.

i have an offer of ABB and they have specified that i need an A in geog.

if i get say AAB but the B is in geog, or even lower grades (ABC?)would the uni still accept me?

this is referring to soton uni if that helps at all.

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Probably depends on how many other people slip up aswell and also on how many people with offers put Soton as thier firm.

ReputationRep:
    PQ will have a better idea but it depends on how popular the Geography course is at Southampton.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The course IS very popular ... I had a student who had to get an A for Geog 3 years ago, she got a B and was offered a place doing Population studies (/science) and actually enjoyed it immensely, got a 1st class degree and has now started a Masters course there!
    On a brighter side, if you have had your Open Day and chatted to a prof/senior lecturer, they may well remember that when your results come in and, with luck, you will be able to persuade them that missing a grade is no big deal. Certainly in that instance I would get your careers person at school or your head of 6th form to ring them up to plead your case, emphasising how much you really loved it on the Open Day etc.

ReputationRep:
    aahh...all the more reason to make the effort and go then lol

ah yes, i forgot PQ did stuff at soton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Probably depends on how many other people slip up aswell and also on how many people with offers put Soton as thier firm.
    Yep, this is very true

ReputationRep:
    Sam! I asked the guy that I had my individual discussion with if I would get in if I slipped to even ABB (my offer is AAB with A in Geog) and he basically said no! I was really suprised tbh, but the course must be increasing in popularity a lot or something. As they have given out a lot of AAB offers this year, then dropping grades if you had an ABB offer would probably give you even less chance of getting in?

PQ! I got lumbered (haha) with a reading fellow (?) for my talk thing, pah! No chance of me being remembered! Apart from the amusement he got from the sun being in my eyes

ReputationRep:
    even if i did drop a few grades, physical geog+ geology would be right up my street.

i must have been lucky to get ABB then if they have given out a lot of AAB offers...gotta work my ass off to get in now

i still dont get why they offered u AAB sian. how does u "being able to get the grades" affect ur offer that much?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno. Confuzzlement!

Physical geog + geol = no thanks!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.