The Student Room Group

Childcare Grant

Hi, Please could someone help?

I am wondering if I will be eligible for the Childcare Grant. I read online that it is means tested. If my partner earns more than what is outlined on the gov website will I not be entitled to any help with childcare costs? I have 2 children, one is 2yrs old and 1 is 5yrs old.

Or will I be entitled to some just not the full 85%?

Thanks
Original post by Marshmallow419
Hi, Please could someone help?

I am wondering if I will be eligible for the Childcare Grant. I read online that it is means tested. If my partner earns more than what is outlined on the gov website will I not be entitled to any help with childcare costs? I have 2 children, one is 2yrs old and 1 is 5yrs old.

Or will I be entitled to some just not the full 85%?

Thanks

Hi there,

In this case we'd recommend applying for the Childcare Grant anyway: that way, our assessors will be able to confirm if you're entitled to some or any of the grant.

Have you already applied online? When does your course begin?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

In this case we'd recommend applying for the Childcare Grant anyway: that way, our assessors will be able to confirm if you're entitled to some or any of the grant.

Have you already applied online? When does your course begin?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for the response, I have already applied and my course starts in September. I will wait for an update.

Thank you
Original post by Marshmallow419
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for the response, I have already applied and my course starts in September. I will wait for an update.

Thank you

You're welcome. Any further queries then please do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending