This discussion is closed.
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
I agree... look elsewhere I'm afraid. I don't have much sympathy for such shallowness!
no actually. all men are firstly attracted by looks. not personality. the looks are what they see first.
anyway. if she's suddenly hot, how do u know she's single?

this sounds like my ******* of a exboyf
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
no actually. all men are firstly attracted by looks. not personality. the looks are what they see first.
anyway. if she's suddenly hot, how do u know she's single?

this sounds like my ******* of a exboyf
Whoa! Easy on the bitterness *hug* calm it down yeah? Forget him... hes been a total arse. He doesn't deserve you. You deserve better ok?
Lias
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Thanks for the replies, highly appreciated! Sorry to have offended anyone with this thread.

I will never know until I try!

Tomorrow I am going school and I will especially look out for her and hopefully get an opportunity of approaching her, and seeing what happens next.
The only drawback when approaching her is she always with her friends, I will be approaching her and her friends. So, I have to kindof quick thinking on the spot incase anything may happen!

On the topic of me lying about my made-up relationship:
I admit I put myself into an awkward situation; the thing was I could not think of anything nice to let her down. Meaning, I was put on the spot as she approached me, and the first thing that came to my head was “I’m in a relationship” my answer was very vague. Now looking back, I wish I said, “we could become friends, and see from there” but now I think I may have potentially blown any opportunity! :eek: Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

And, if she asks me about my made-up relationship, I would have to say, “It’s over” and be very vague. Say for instance, things turn out good; I think I will have to keep this one lie to myself < this is rather tricky?
I had better think about “if” I reach there, I am thinking to long-term. For all I know tomorrow could be rejection day!

Wish me luck! :tsr:

Thanks

Lias
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
good luck... lol
hk_1_kinobi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lias)
Girl problem

There is a girl in the lower sixth of my school that once liked me not so long ago. However, I told her a lie that I was in a relationship with somebody else (when I was not), just an excuse not to go out with her. After that, I never talked to her!

Yesterday I saw the same girl in the lower sixth at an after school dance rehearsal. My God, I do not know what happened, I never noticed her that way before but she was looking beautiful! And, my liking for her has now grown and matured for her in like one day! (is that right?)However, I feel hesitant about chatting to her now, as she may think this sh*t rejected me and I am a DOG that notices her when she is HOT, and why have I not ever made conversation to her before!

Help me out!

What you think I should do?
Just chat to her as if nothing has happened for instance:
Hey, how you doing?

And what would be a good ice-breaking opening liner?

Thanks
No offence mate, but that is pretty shallow :rolleyes: I'm disappointed, oh well. What can you do, anyway if you wanna get on her good side, just try smiling at her, and offering to be a friend to her first, so she doesn't think you're just trying to chat her up.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just carry on lying to her. Tell her that you broke up with your old girlfriend.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Just carry on lying to her. Tell her that you broke up with your old girlfriend.
If he carrys on doing that, one day all his lies will come back and bite him right in the ass.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
If he carrys on doing that, one day all his lies will come back and bite him right in the ass.
Heh, he can deal with that if and when it comes around.
shootingstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
I want to be a lesbian...
lmfao!!!

men...
Lias
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Thanks for everyone’s replies.

Today I approached her in the library and made a conversation about some random book, dancing and general school stuff. At first, her answers had no follow ons, meaning her answers were very blunt and vague, and it was hurting me to make conversation. For instance,
I was like;
“So how long you were dancing for?”
she was like;
“Too long”.
I realised to myself these kinds of questions were hopeless. So, I asked her questions that would involve her having an opinion. And, I to leave the conversation very short and went off (driving lesson)!

My first impression of her from the five/eight minutes of talking to her is she seems like a friendly and warm person. As I have made an association the next times we meet “hopefully”, I can build up a friendship, and who knows! (Being to optimistic)

What do you think people; do I still have a chance? And was my approach okay?

Thanks
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
this story reminds me of the film Haggard... (in a way)
Diamontrina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Id go and say hi to her if I was you. Say you saw her dancing and she looked great and keep the convo going on from there.
Diamontrina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh sorry didnt read you approach bit! Yeah sounds good, just get to know her and see how it goes! If you have mutual friends itd b good to get out with a group or something
claire1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have a party and invite her, that's always a good ploy!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you let her alone, you'd be doing her a favour. I can't purport to speak for the vast majority of the female population, but I think it nonetheless fair to assume that 'bipolar' would not make anyone's list of 'endearing qualities' in a prospective affiliate.
nooneknows
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pretend you secretly had a massive crush on her, but due to (imaginary) gf situation you didn't wanna be around her as you didn't trust yourself. Say you haven't been able to get her off your mind so you've given the gf the heave-ho. Plump it up a bit with flattery. Everyone caves in to ego massage.
lost_puppy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
And I've got these ultra cool pair of sunglasses that identifies personality of random people when I walk past! I see personality before looks!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads