The Student Room Group

UCAT at clearing

Do universities accept a new UCAT at clearing? I am planning on retaking my UCAT this cycle because I was disappointed with the results I received from the last one and I was unable to receive any offers because of it. Also, I have heard of instances where universities had accepted people's new UCAT score at clearing. I am planning to go university this year any information provided would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 12 months ago)
I think for clearing they only look at your A-level grades, not UCAT because UCAT used to shortlist interview candidates - however this may change for each uni
Reply 2
Original post by 『 』
Do universities accept a new UCAT at clearing? I am planning on retaking my UCAT this cycle because I was disappointed with the results I received from the last one and I was unable to receive any offers because of it. Also, I have heard of instances where universities had accepted people's new UCAT score at clearing. I am planning to go university this year any information provided would be greatly appreciated.

No, the UCAT is only valid for they cycle in which it is taken, so for 2023 entry, you must have taken the UCAT in 2022. They closed the loophole of people being able to re-do UCAT several years ago

Original post by toothysmile
I think for clearing they only look at your A-level grades, not UCAT because UCAT used to shortlist interview candidates - however this may change for each uni

For medicine, all applicants are interviewed, so even through Clearing they must meet the UCAT cut offs

Quick Reply

Latest