Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does or did your school have a detention system?

Mine doesnt and my mates does so i just wondered what was more common.

mine did. prob still does

ReputationRep:
    My old school does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Does or did your school have a detention system?

Mine doesnt and my mates does so i just wondered what was more common.
    yep, and they like giving me them :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we used to have Saturday morning detentions (before my time though)

ReputationRep:
    My school has detention, but not for sixth form though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking that your school will be one of the few that doesn't need money. Though I saw on Newsround today that there is now a school somewhere in England that has stopped giving out homework.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky me then eh? lol :p: We just have a punishment exercise system although that doesn't really have an impact on us cos we can write them out in no time in classes (though we arent meant to) and forge our parents signature.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky me then eh? lol :p: We just have a punishment exercise system although that doesn't really have an impact on us cos we can write them out in no time in classes (though we arent meant to) and forge our parents signature.
    What's that...like writing lines?

ReputationRep:
    We had either lunch time or after school detentions depending on what you did. I remember one science teacher we had in yr 9, 2/3 times gave the whole class a after school detention, even though it was just a few misbehaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    What's that...like writing lines?
    Yeah but its a bit different from lines. We get a white punny for mild offences like talking excessively in class. The sheets are specially printed out before hand and all teachers have them and the teacher puts your name and class and reason for the punny being issued at the top in the spaces provided. Then there is an area for writing and you are given a seperate sheet which has a few paragraphs on behaviour and stuff on it.
    For serious offences, a yellow punny is issued. This is the same but has more writing and is obviously on a yellow sheet.
    And for very serious offences, you are given a pink punny which has even more writing, is pink and if you get one of these you are also referred to the head of the subjects principal teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but its a bit different from lines. We get a white punny for mild offences like talking excessively in class. The sheets are specially printed out before hand and all teachers have them and the teacher puts your name and class and reason for the punny being issued at the top in the spaces provided. Then there is an area for writing and you are given a seperate sheet which has a few paragraphs on behaviour and stuff on it.
    For serious offences, a yellow punny is issued. This is the same but has more writing and is obviously on a yellow sheet.
    And for very serious offences, you are given a pink punny which has even more writing, is pink and if you get one of these you are also referred to the head of the subjects principal teacher.
    Whats punny mean? is it some sort of scottish word for detention?

btw your web sites really cool and reading it all in a scottish accent made me laugh..."goin oot wae ma pals" lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Whats punny mean? is it some sort of scottish word for detention?

btw your web sites really cool and reading it all in a scottish accent made me laugh..."goin oot wae ma pals" lol
    A punny is a punishment exercise.

Edit: never seen the your bit sorry lol, yeah i generally talk like that on MSN all the time as well. :p: Just habit i guess. I make the effort to talk properly on TSR though.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, how can you take a teacher seriously when they issue you with a "pink punny"? :p:

ReputationRep:
    A punny is a punishment exercise.

And what website? Mine?
    Yeh yours.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think giving out detentions is a good idea. You don't do much in them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Hehe, how can you take a teacher seriously when they issue you with a "pink punny"? :p:
    Ohh believe me, soon as you hear a teacher say "Right you're getting a pink" your face would be like :dong:. lol

ReputationRep:
    i avoided detention all the way through school...im a goody goody!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    My school has detention, but not for sixth form though.
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i avoided detention all the way through school...im a goody goody!
    same as well...but i was kinda cheated by the school - half of the students who didnt get detention for a term got free tickets to a theme park through some raffle thing, no reward for the people who didnt get one all their school life!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.