Report 14 years ago
mine does... but if u no the system u can get out of it
M-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I'm thinking that your school will be one of the few that doesn't need money. Though I saw on Newsround today that there is now a school somewhere in England that has stopped giving out homework.
do you spend all your time watching childrens tv???? seriously why do tht?
yes my school has detention i was the youngest person in school to ever get it - i didnt do any maths homework for 6 months, i was really good in class and was in the top set, just didnt enjkoy hw.....the first time i did my homework tht year my teacher made the whole class applaud me and she bought me a sweetie tht was p7 (my school does nursery - s6 lol)
never had it again now, and apparently p7s now get detentions all the time.....
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my old school didnt really bother with that sort of thing, but discipline wasnt as big a problem as state schools.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes mine does have detentions.
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
technically, my old school didn't..but when there was a serious incident the school made girls clean tables and stuff.

My new one has a litter picking/rubbish collecting/staying behind 10 mins to an hour after school, though
did u go to an all girls school or were they just v v sexist in there punishments
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My school does have detentions, but I'm pretty sure the sixth form don't have them.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by need_money)
Does or did your school have a detention system?

Mine doesnt and my mates does so i just wondered what was more common.
WHAAAAT? No detention system? What does your school do with disruptive neddy oiks? :confused:
[EDIT] Hmm... how barbaric - "punny" :rolleyes: How lame. Bring back the firing squad!
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
WHAAAAT? No detention system? What does your school do with disruptive neddy oiks? :confused:
[EDIT] Hmm... how barbaric - "punny" :rolleyes: How lame. Bring back the firing squad!
Well thats the way it's always been...
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I never had a detention
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nor did I....well except those stupid break and lunch time ones where the teacher insists on keeping everyone in even though only a few students were actually doing anything wrong :mad:
Starstrike
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
our teachers have kept all sorts of archaic punishment rituals alive at my old school.
Prefects were allowed to give us up to 7 (why 7?) sides for stupid things like having your shirt untucked or not putting your shoes in the rackes when inside the dayrooms.
major punishment was being made to run to the monument (big historical statuey thing) and back. Painful as the monument is roughly 1.5 miles away up a HUGE hill.
Plus there was the having to stand up against a wall in the dining room for both sittings of lunch, without moving around, until everyone had finished before you could have your meal. That was for when you did really horrifically bad things like talk in the queue or stand more than two across.
gee Im sorry I dont go there anymore!
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Both secondary schools had detentions.
I never got one.
Was kept behind at break within a class for other people messing about.
Natalie Lane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
Nor did I....well except those stupid break and lunch time ones where the teacher insists on keeping everyone in even though only a few students were actually doing anything wrong :mad:
:dito: :angel:
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My old school almost never had detention, if you got one it would just be a lunchtime departmental one. My new one has loads... department detention with teacher usually for repeatedly not handing in work or something, SAP which is saturday afternoon punishment for skiving Abbey or sports or even more not handing in work or whatever, then there's gating (week of after-school detention, sometimes until 9 i think) which is mostly for smoking or drinking or very long term lack of work. If you're repeatedly late in the morning you can be put on early morning call too, where you have to get in early and report to the undermaster.
caffecooki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i thought all schools did!! and i might be the only person eva not to have got 1 and im 17 :p:
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My school had detention, and my sister attends that school now and it still does have detention.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mine does. Although there are holes in the system.
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by caffecooki)
i thought all schools did!! and i might be the only person eva not to have got 1 and im 17 :p:
Nope you're not. I never got one either! We are so good.
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
Nope you're not. I never got one either! We are so good.
:dito:
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My school gives pupils a Sunday detention if they say the "F" word. Make that USED TO give. They just changed it to Friday night.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads