Original post by Geoffrey Z King
hi, has anyone got the email yet?

not yet I think it's gonna be by aug 1 11:59 bst
Original post by jjbb245
not yet I think it's gonna be by aug 1 11:59 bst

i thought it was midnight 1st august?
Original post by crucibleoflava

oh my god and I was over here panicking….
Original post by imco95221

i didn’t receive anything 😭
Hey guys, have anyone received an email yet? I thought it's already past midnight Aug 1 (also known as 11:59 July 31st) and they said emails are supposed to have arrived by this time.
It is so strange...
I remember that a fellow in this chatting room said that the institution has updated the website to move the releasing time to midnight 1st August, but I failed to see this on the website.???(confusing jpg.
)
Original post by imco95221

yeah but itsn't midnight 1st of august same as 11:59 31st july?
It is so strange...
I remember that a fellow in this chatting room said that the institution has updated the website to move the releasing time to midnight 1st August, but I failed to see this on the website.???(confusing jpg.
)

The website https://www.johnlockeinstitute.com/essay-competition says "Candidates will be notified by email by midnight Tuesday, 1 August 2023." but isn't it already past that, like, 26 minutes ago??
It is so strange...
)

The website reads Candidates will be notified by email by midnight Tuesday, 1 August 2023.
Original post by AcaButterKnife
The website reads Candidates will be notified by email by midnight Tuesday, 1 August 2023.

Thanks
Yeah, it is. Not midnight today, but tomorrow. They must’ve had a really hard time going through all of the submissions.
Original post by crucibleoflava
Reply 191
Do they inform you if you are not shortlisted?
Original post by Kbysk
Do they inform you if you are not shortlisted?

They did that last year, but with the amount of submissions this year I don’t know honestly. However, I’d say they will since they need to show a gesture of courtesy to all participants.
Reply 193
Original post by StudyGhost
They did that last year, but with the amount of submissions this year I don’t know honestly. However, I’d say they will since they need to show a gesture of courtesy to all participants.

Do you know around how many submissions there were last year?
Original post by cqhz
Do you know around how many submissions there were last year?

Around 7,000 if I remember correctly.
Reply 195
What is the shortlist rate?
Reply 196
Original post by Kbysk
What is the shortlist rate?

Used to be 20%, but with the volume of submissions this year, it’s hard to say
Does midnight on august 1st mean the night between July 31st - August 1st or does it mean tomorrow night?
I presume that it means 11:59 pm BST, August 1
Reply 199
Original post by StudyGhost
Around 7,000 if I remember correctly.

19k this year I think...

Quick Reply

Latest