The Student Room Group

Unis for MA slow to confirm/reject whether they want me or not - bad sign?

Basically, the title is self-explanatory - I applied to 2 universities for illustration MA, and had interviews for them somewhere in late May/early June (they felt like they went pretty well to me but I could be wrong). Both of the interviewers told me that they will get back to me at around 10 working days. It's now the 2nd of July and there is still radio-silence. I did not write to them, worrying that it would affect my application negatively. Should I remind them? I feel pretty anxious since I am international student and it will take me some significant time to get my visa.
Reply 1
Did they say they would get back to you either way, or only if you were successful? If the former, I wouldn't read too much into the delay. University bureaucracies can be really clunky. But there is no harm in sending a very polite email to the admin person who deals with PGT admissions (it will be the person who emailed you about the interview) gently inquiring about when you might expect to hear. Just don't be rude about it - they're not going to strike you off the list for politely and gently inquiring! Good luck!
Original post by oopsDidIDoThat
Basically, the title is self-explanatory - I applied to 2 universities for illustration MA, and had interviews for them somewhere in late May/early June (they felt like they went pretty well to me but I could be wrong). Both of the interviewers told me that they will get back to me at around 10 working days. It's now the 2nd of July and there is still radio-silence. I did not write to them, worrying that it would affect my application negatively. Should I remind them? I feel pretty anxious since I am international student and it will take me some significant time to get my visa.

Hello,

I would agree with the other reply and say there is no harm in sending an email to the admissions team! They are usually dealing with a lot of applications and it might be taking some time to go through them all.

Good luck!

Maya

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending