Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do you think we have the old dude for much longer? hes not very well and he seems in a pretty bad way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    do you think we have the old dude for much longer? hes not very well and he seems in a pretty bad way
    he isnt dead yet? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i know, and it's just flu but he's really old and ill. i think he's dying. sorry guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    no, still alive... just

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    Nope..

Well he's been ill for some time and is 84, i think he maybe will go on for a bit longer, but wont be able to do as many public appearances.

ReputationRep:
    They're already (unofficially) choosing his sucessor within the Vatican.

I'm all for a lesbian Pope. Theres been a distinct lack of them over the last 2000 years.

ReputationRep:
    no, still alive... just
    The guys is what, 84. He's on his last legs and he is going to die sooner or later. This will properly finish him off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    The guys is what, 84. He's on his last legs and he is going to die sooner or later. This will properly finish him off.
    he's 84 but my grandad is nearly 81 and hes in much better quality and id say the pope has had a much richer life than him

ReputationRep:
    i think a female pope. or a black pope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    just to add a little controversy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it wont be a female one as there are no female catholic priests or bishops or cardinals.

ReputationRep:
    he's 84 but my grandad is nearly 81 and hes in much better quality and id say the pope has had a much richer life than him
    Does it matter if he's led a much richer life? At the end of the day, its down to your age, how fit you are and your bodys defenses (spelt wrong I know)

ReputationRep:
    A black, female pope? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Does it matter if he's led a much richer life? At the end of the day, its down to your age, how fit you are and your bodys defenses (spelt wrong I know)
    i was just trying to point out how strange it is that some people can live stronger, longer lives than others thats all

ReputationRep:
    He's having trouble breathing, I believe- docs say he's stable, but you know, anything could happen.

I'd love to go up to him and go "So where's your God now, Pope?" but the I'd probably be excommunicated..so not a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    i was just trying to point out how strange it is that some people can live stronger, longer lives than others thats all
    I know, but theres a simple answer to that. How healthy you are and how good your body is at defending itself.

ReputationRep:
    hes been on the way out for years...anyone listening to him struggling to speak could see that.

ReputationRep:
    i think it will be good to get a new pope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    hes been on the way out for years...anyone listening to him struggling to speak could see that.
    Yeh, his speech has been slurred and quite slow. Still, it's his presence which means a lot for some people as well as his words I guess.

ReputationRep:
    He's old... its certainly on the cards

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.