The Student Room Group

Is it possible to apply for a second University loan for utility fees separately

I have come to the decision that in my first year of Uni, I really want the social benefits of living in the halls rather than just commuting from home.

I also just applied, and had a loan accepted for tuition fees today. I was initially worried that I couldn't edit this or change this... So is it possible that I can just apply for a second loan that solely covers 'utility' fees for living.

Just to clarify that this is a very late decision and I may not even get approval for accomodation this year since there is a deadline that I am a week past, but I still hope I can push for this!!
Original post by smartalek22
I have come to the decision that in my first year of Uni, I really want the social benefits of living in the halls rather than just commuting from home.

I also just applied, and had a loan accepted for tuition fees today. I was initially worried that I couldn't edit this or change this... So is it possible that I can just apply for a second loan that solely covers 'utility' fees for living.

Just to clarify that this is a very late decision and I may not even get approval for accomodation this year since there is a deadline that I am a week past, but I still hope I can push for this!!

Hi there, How old are you? Are you no longer wanting the Tuition Fee funding as well as the Maintenance Loan? Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply