Turn on thread page Beta

are you gonna be alone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I will be alone, but I've been alone every Valentines day for all of my life. In my opinion, this holiday was purely invented by the greeting card industry to put something in between christmas and easter.

(Original post by BhArJ)
    She found some1 better :rolleyes:
    women, no matter what you do you cant please them

My God he's got it in one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I will be alone, but I've been alone every Valentines day for all of my life. In my opinion, this holiday was purely invented by the greeting card industry to put something in between christmas and easter.
    Actually it comemorates the day that St Valentine was executed for refusing to renounce christianity.

(Original post by Dude)
    :dito:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    What about unrequited love?
    I dont think that its true love until it is experienced together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I dont think that its true love until it is experienced together.
    Well, everyone has their own definition of love. Personally, I think I was in love when I was 18, with someone who didn't feel quite the same way about me (although I'm sure whatever he felt met his own personal definition of love).

It's difficult to say whether you're both experiencing the same thing. One person might define 'I love you' as 'I would be happy to spend all my time with you' or 'I want to sleep with you' - another person might equate it to 'I would die for you'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Well, everyone has their own definition of love. Personally, I think I was in love when I was 18, with someone who didn't feel quite the same way about me (although I'm sure whatever he felt met his own personal definition of love).

It's difficult to say whether you're both experiencing the same thing. One person might define 'I love you' as 'I would be happy to spend all my time with you' or 'I want to sleep with you' - another person might equate it to 'I would die for you'.
    It also depends on experience. If one person has fallen in love for the first time, the other may not feel the same because of what happend in a ealyer relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Actually it comemorates the day that St Valentine was executed for refusing to renounce christianity.
    And what has that got to do with telling people that you love them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)

To me its even more than that... its more than i could ever put into words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    And what has that got to do with telling people that you love them?
    St Valentine died for his love of God, so we show our love for others on that day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    To me its even more than that... its more than i could ever put into words.
    Iv said it before, and ill say it again

:puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    It also depends on experience. If one person has fallen in love for the first time, the other may not feel the same because of what happend in a ealyer relationship.
    True, true. My first relationship was a lot more intense than anything since, but that doesn't mean I loved my first boyfriend more than my current one - it just means I'm more cautious now and it takes longer to get attached.

(Original post by BhArJ)

hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)

Seriously, you should go to a doctor or something if your throwing up so much :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    I've always been alone on Valentines Days *sobs* I'll probably just go to a club and find someone to stop me being lonely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    I've always been alone on Valentines Days *sobs* I'll probably just go to a club and find someone to stop me being lonely
    I've never actually been in a proper relationship on valentines day...although someone I'd been with for about 9 months broke up with me a week before...i think that was 2 years ago now though. x

ReputationRep:
    St Valentine died for his love of God, so we show our love for others on that day.
    I still believe that the greeting card industry did it and made up that story so to cover up their tracks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I still believe that the greeting card industry did it and made up that story so to cover up their tracks.
    You are far too synical.

Anyway, I am not going to be buying any Valentines cards, I am writing all of what I am going to say to my girlfriend myself (well, the poems at any rate).

ReputationRep:
    yeah, that's how its looking o well, i'll just pretend its another insignificant day!

ReputationRep:
    ai, alone be i...
    besides, 14th is the MONDAY!!!!!! (=terror!)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.