The Student Room Group

Scared for life after university

I have just finished university and I feel proud of myself but also scared and nervous for what I will do next. I want a year to work full time and save up before thinking about extra courses ect… but this makes me feel nervous. I was panic thinking to do a masters but it just doesn’t feel right as I am not passionate about it.

I also feel sad because I will miss that student life and will be dealing with adulting which is scary. I also think it’s scary as we don’t have teachers / a expected route to go down as we previously did. For instance after primary school we knew we had secondary school ect.

Any graduates how did you deal with anxiety after university?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have just finished university and I feel proud of myself but also scared and nervous for what I will do next. I want a year to work full time and save up before thinking about extra courses ect… but this makes me feel nervous. I was panic thinking to do a masters but it just doesn’t feel right as I am not passionate about it.

I also feel sad because I will miss that student life and will be dealing with adulting which is scary. I also think it’s scary as we don’t have teachers / a expected route to go down as we previously did. For instance after primary school we knew we had secondary school ect.

Any graduates how did you deal with anxiety after university?

Apply to some jobs in your field whatever you studied at university

Quick Reply

Latest