The Student Room Group

i like my boyfriend but…

hi, so ive been dating my boyfriend for almost 2 months now and i really like him. however, these past few days hes been annoying me with complaining all the time and also always wanting to see me because otherwise he’s bored. if i cant see him, he will just end up complaining to me that he’s bored. like hes so sweet and lovely and has autism & adhd traits like myself but atm he’s getting too much.
is it normal to always miss being single and free?

Scroll to see replies

Yes its normal to miss being single and free, as you remember it was less complicated and not being trapped in a relationship without any commitment.
Reply 2
also , hes going to uni this september so i understand he wants to make the most of it but still. im going on holiday on friday for 2 weeks as well and today is possibly the last day ill see him until after the holiday. he probably thinks im free until thursday as he knows im busy with paxking/taking rabbit to get looked after. tomorrow im out with a friend and wednesday he will probably complain that i cant see him bc i have appointments (lashes etc) and want to spend yhe day witn my mum and go shopping/get nails done
Reply 3
Original post by GetTwisted
Yes its normal to miss being single and free, as you remember it was less complicated and not being trapped in a relationship without any commitment.

oh ok, im glad im not the only one. this is my first relationship too.
I take its his first relationship as well, as he seems very clingy.
Reply 5
I take its his first relationship as well, as he seems very clingy.

yes it is but i don’t like clinginess idk why but i do love romance as in going out for dates or even going out for a nice walk. but not too much of each other all the time.
Nobody likes someone being clingy you need space as well. As it's his first he probably things he needs to be with you all the time. Even if he is bored he should go out for a walk as I'm sure he'll message you when your on holiday.
Reply 7
Nobody likes someone being clingy you need space as well. As it's his first he probably things he needs to be with you all the time. Even if he is bored he should go out for a walk as I'm sure he'll message you when your on holiday.

we were supposed to meet today and now my dad says he wants me at home to prep for holiday. so i can’t see him today and he wants ke to save my money as ive spent a lot since having a bf .
now my bf is being blunt with me with “oh ok” like how is it my fault?? and asks “is there any chance if you can later” so i finally said “i dont think he will change his mind” and he just said “oh”.
he just acts like it’s my fault. we saw each other yesterday like what is his problem? i like him, but i also miss being independent. i wouldn’t mind if he was less clingy and i understand its his first relationship but i can’t just quit everything for him.
Make sure he understands that it is not your responsibility to entertain him when he is bored. He needs to know how to keep himself happy and entertained. E.g. as soon as my girlfriend says she'll be out the house for an hour I have the PS5 on. :lol:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by 1582
Make sure he understands that it is not your responsibility to entertain him when he is bored. He needs to know how to keep himself happy and entertained. E.g. as soon as my girlfriend says she'll be out the house for an hour I have the PS5 on. :lol:

hopefully it gets better then if i tell him :smile: thanks
Reply 10
update: he kept saying he was bored and idk kf hes trying to make me feel bad but now hes ok
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
update: he kept saying he was bored and idk kf hes trying to make me feel bad but now hes ok

I think you should break up
Reply 12
Original post by Miss Jess
I think you should break up

no hes ok now hes been fine
Reply 13
update: he keeps asking to meet tomoz and he knows i can’t. why?!!! i like this man sm but
Reply 14
update: he keeps asking to meet tomoz and he knows i can’t. why?!!! i like this man sm but

Unreasonable demands from him equals a red flag
Reply 15
Original post by Miss Jess
Unreasonable demands from him equals a red flag

yeah and bc im going on holiday he says “ur gonna have fun im not” like he keeps saying it. and he wants to go somewhere after for a night so he can have something good to look forward for 😂😭🤷🏻*♀️
Break up with him
Reply 17
Break up with him

he has so many pros in the relationship it’s just this issue and if i break up with him his friends (who r my friends too) will dislike me . oh well 🤷🏻*♀️
He will eventually end up blaming you for everything even if it's not your fault. Big red flags so early in the relationship. Don't let the honeymoon phase blind you.
Reply 19
He will eventually end up blaming you for everything even if it's not your fault. Big red flags so early in the relationship. Don't let the honeymoon phase blind you.

ive just told my sister, she said “you’re being stupid you should be grateful that someone wants to see you”. in person hes rlly nice with other people and with me. however, over text it’s different

Latest

Trending

Trending