Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ....guys/girls advice is needed!

there's this girl in my year who is quite cute and everyone thinks that we would make a great couple but the only thing that we do together is sit next to each other in eng lit lessons!!!!!!

anyway for the past year/or two every valentines day i get her a present and a card. albeit small, the thought was there.

she never gave anything back.

this year i was thinking i might not bother. however, there's this guy, also in my year who thinks he's really cool(but he's not) and thinks that he's hard (he's not) and he thinks too much of himself. he lies to please. enough said. well this guy apparently is going to get her something for valentines. dilemma arises.

should i....

a) just not bother and see her suffer :P she didn't get me anything.......why should i????????????? she can get her present from the short and fat guy.

b) it's the last year we'll see each other before uni and it's the last valentine's before we all go separate ways, so i should get her something. and i should do something just in spite of the other guy.

can somebody give an opinion????? aaaaaargh lol.

and if i do get her something, what should i ge? (something relatively cheap cos im absolutely broke @ the moment)

poll coming soon...... i haven't made one before but i'll try my best!!!!!!!!!

Posh git

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh_git)

there's this girl in my year who is quite cute and everyone thinks that we would make a great couple but the only thing that we do together is sit next to each other in eng lit lessons!!!!!!

anyway for the past year/or two every valentines day i get her a present and a card. albeit small, the thought was there.

this year i was thinking i might not bother. however, there's this guy, also in my year who thinks he's really cool(but he's not) and thinks that he's hard (he's not) and he thinks too much of himself. he lies to please. enough said. well this guy apparently is going to get her something for valentines. dilemma arises.

should i....

a) just not bother and see her suffer :P she didn't get me anything.......why should i????????????? she can get her present from the short and fat guy.

b) it's the last year we'll see each other before uni and it's the last valentine's before we all go separate ways, so i should get her something. and i should do something just in spite of the other guy.

and if i do get her something, what should i ge? (something relatively cheap cos im absolutely broke @ the moment)

Posh git
    i say give. it will remind her that you are there, and if its really nice it will look so much better than the fat/short guys one. get her something that can be taken in a friend way or something... i dunno

ReputationRep:
    I say get her somthing

That guy in your story should burn, i have seen too many guys like him lately. I dont see why girls like them.

ReputationRep:
    I say dont personally

ReputationRep:
    Get her something...just not too romantic, more friendly. Like pick up a private joke you have (there must be something) and buy her something that relates. Or if you know her favourite cake or chocolate bar, or even something silly u tease her about, buy her one in and put a red ribbon round it or something to make it valentinesy.

The boy in your story should be shot...too many annoying boys steal silly girls from the nice boys (who are my friends). It makes me angry and mad at the girls for being so stupid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I say dont personally
    but then you are a silly narb

ReputationRep:
    well you've dropped the hint 2 years in a row and got nowhere and as you say you're going your own ways next year.

ditch it.

if she buys you something, then you're in there

ReputationRep:
    Well... I see the problem. You don't wanna look desperate by getting her something if she didn't get you anything the last few years. But you don't want this guy to look better than you. Maybe you could just get her a card, not a present? That way it's not that much but it shows you still like her.

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats wat i was goin to say, or you could get her a small teddy or something but u dont wana seem desperate so dont buy her anything too amazin n expensive!

ReputationRep:
    beat the **** out of the other guy

ReputationRep:
    don't get her anythign! she couldnt be arsed to get ou anythign before anyways. AND if she likes the fat and short guy then she wouldnt like you anyways...so what if he gets her something?doesn't mean taht shell go out with him
    And where's your honor boy!!!you got your dignity..you've been rejected twice...don't go running back. You appreicate things if they're harder to get...DONT get her a present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    beat the **** out of the other guy
    violence does not solve everything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh_git)

should i....

Posh git
    no, don't buy her a present she will eat it.

On a more serious note, no.

She doesn't seem to care all that much - and if she did then she wouldn't be bought by a "thing".
    Don't bother, you have better things to do.

I think you should get her something but make it small and fun so it isn't seen as a big romantic valentines thing but just something cute and friendly.

ReputationRep:
    if your gonna get her something than it should be because you like her, not because of some other guy, otherwise don't bother... if you don't like her and you don't like him then let them be idiots together...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakemetoAvalon)
    no, don't buy her a present she will eat it.

On a more serious note, no.

She doesn't seem to care all that much - and if she did then she wouldn't be bought by a "thing".
    Don't bother, you have better things to do.
    don't know she doesnt care. she could be really SHY. or have low self-esteem. Your valentines cards could be the one thing that gets her through the years. Ok might be a little OTT, but you never know how your actions affect people...

ReputationRep:
    I think you should get her something if you still really like her, seeing as its the last time you'll have the chance to. Is she just too shy or does she kinda like the fat guy? If she doesn't return the favour then you won't really have lost out...unless it is getting to be a standing joke. And don't go for anything overblown and expensive, you'll look desperate.

Or, maybe just do something sweet and original for her :love: :love: ...that might show her what she means more than just a card. And then its not like youre competing with the other person.

Good luck! :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, beat up the other guy and cut out his heart. Then give it to her in a pretty gift box.

You'll get rid of the annoying short/fat guy, get her a personal present, and stick to the Valentines day theme - Hearts and stuff - all in one. Definately best advice.

On a serious note, don't buy anything. Get a new crush.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a difference between being a mug and being nice, buying her another present would be of the mug variety..

ReputationRep:
    ask her out somewhere for v day?!

better than a prezzie n u might start somethin, or find out theres nothin there n move on!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.