what's the most random phrase you've put in an essay? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Blackmarket Boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
My friends at school reckoned that you could blag any weird word (e.g. 'malarky' or something random like that) into a geography essay so we tried it. For instance, they gave me 'raggamuffins'.....'Over the last 30 years, ghettoisation has occurred in Birmingham in parts like Washwood Heath where there has been a large inmigration of raggamuffins...' Have any of you blagged a random word/phrase into an essay/piece of work?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Blackmarket Boy)
My friends at school reckoned that you could blag any weird word (e.g. 'malarky' or something random like that) into a geography essay so we tried it. For instance, they gave me 'raggamuffins'.....'Over the last 30 years, ghettoisation has occurred in Birmingham in parts like Washwood Heath where there has been a large inmigration of raggamuffins...' Have any of you blagged a random word/phrase into an essay/piece of work?
I managed to get 'the force is strong in this one' into a physics assignment.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
I decided to see how many song titles I could get into my General Studies exam paper. I got about 17 in 2 sides of A4, including The Drugs Don't Work, If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next, Unfinished Sympathy and so on and so forth...
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I talked about the derived demand for clowns in an economics essay
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I managed to get 'the force is strong in this one' into a physics assignment.
hahahah :rofl:
Blackmarket Boy
Rep:
?
That is ingenius!
rachplatt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
During my GCSE's we played a game to de-stress (looking back we didnt know what stress was!!) where we would choose words to put into our answers e before we went into the exam...there was no prize for doing it, just pride, but we started it for our year 10 exams and carried it on for the mocks and real exams. It only really happened in history but it was fun. I remember having to include 'jam' and 'crisp' and there was one more that i cant remember. I used 'jam-packed' to describe the munich putsch and made some reference to branding (crime and punishment through time) by saying 'burnt to a crisp' in the actual exam. Im not sure it relates to the question, but that's what it made me think of! x
hazzie1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wow, thats so fun, I'm so going to do that
Blackmarket Boy
Rep:
?
(Original post by hazzie1)
wow, thats so fun, I'm so going to do that
It is but what is more interesting is your teacher's reaction. Do you think they will have any clue as to what's going on when they read all these essays!
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, in our GCSE French Speaking our teacher made us all make at least one really random comment (can't remember what mine was though) and in my German speaking I made sure I got 'gherkin' in there somewhere cos my teacher didn't believe that I could.
posh_git
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol we daren't put anything silly.........our teacher was sooooo uptight!!!!! we do occasionally add silly analogies @ gcse's........but now @ a level so stressful and no fun anymore!
Blackmarket Boy
Rep:
?
I was cruising through my Spanish GCSE oral a couple of years ago and it was going absolutely perfectly but on the very last question, I went blank and paused for half a minute and swore under my breath. My teacher rewound the tape and turned up the volume to see if we could hear it for a laugh - and we could! Thank God I still got an A*!
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Someone in my year managed to get the words 'snow white and the seven dwarfs' (not together) in the general studies exam a few weeks ago
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh, and a number of people tried to get 'bouncebackability' into exams as well. I almost put it in my politics exam, then decided not to cos i thought i would get marked down
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wrote 'Only smarties have the answer' more than 10 times all together in my essays of my 6 general studies exams.
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i put once in othello: and he murdered Iago, thus revealing Iago's death.'
And my firend put in her proper a-level exam 'Skakespeare's spacecraft' :rolleyes:
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
i put once in othello: and he murdered Iago, thus revealing Iago's death.'
And my firend put in her proper a-level exam 'Skakespeare's spacecraft' :rolleyes:
I'm actually intrigued!
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wrote my entire GCSE R.E. exam in Yoda speak...

"All powerful god is"

yes, i got a 'U'...but meh, didn't hand in any coursework, so the best i could've hoped for was a 'D' which was no use to me anyway
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

"Thou shall have a fishy on a little dishy thou shall have a fishy when the boat comes in!"
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Babyshambles)
i wrote my entire GCSE R.E. exam in Yoda speak...

"All powerful god is"

yes, i got a 'U'...but meh, didn't hand in any coursework, so the best i could've hoped for was a 'D' which was no use to me anyway
Cool hehe. I had a forwarded email that someone sent me - 50 things to do in an exam that doesn't matter Always wanted to do stuff like that hehe.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads