Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yossarian)
    Who's Peter Griffin? Your dealer or your pimp? (there is more if you would like) :aetsch:
    He's the father from Family Guy, An excellent American animation series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yossarian)
    Who's Peter Griffin? Your dealer or your pimp? (there is more if you would like) :aetsch:

Oh I get it, drugs and prostitution are funny; how boringly middle class of you. A character from family guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svidrigailov)
    Nothing amuses me more than the facile retreat into snide third-person asides; really, as Peter Griffin might say, you're priceless.
    Ok... svidrigailov, lets get this straight. Not everyone in the world is a genius. Congratulations on having a vocabulary larger than the frigging OED! But we don't want to have to try and decipher the complexity of your posts. A lot of it is waffle. All we are asking is talk like normal people. This is a forum, not part of your Cambridge thesis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    That wasn't really my point.
    I think that if you scoured this forum, or anywhere, you'd find girls who ended up having sex because their boyfriend at the time, put pressure on them to have sex. I'm not saying that a girl at that age wouldn't be able to have sex and enjoy it. But for a lot of girls, it's not all about the pleasure you might finally get from it.
    What I was trying to say was that girls that age don't actually understand how her boyfriend/other guys perceive her. In a simple, childlike attitude, a girl that age will often think that she will get more respect, be liked more if she gives a guy what she wants. That just isn't the case. And then girls wonder why the guy gets rid of her so quickly?
    You seem to think that its impossible for guys to like easy girls for an extended period of time? I know plenty of people who had sex early on in a relationship and still had it be successful one.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I get it, drugs and prostitution are funny; how boringly middle class of you. A character from family guy.
    boreingly middle class? :eek:

I guess you would want the empire back 2? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    About a day?? Seems like a good time period to me!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you sir for understanding my crass humour. It is ok if I call you sir?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    boreingly middle class? :eek:

I guess you would want the empire back 2? :rolleyes:

I don't want the natives to get antsy.

ReputationRep:
    Thats it. You have annoyed me now. Bringing social class and being an elitist has just gone way below the belt. :mad: You know... I'd have hoped that socioeconomic class snobbery were left back in the mid 20th century. Evidently not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Thats it. You have annoyed me now. Bringing social class and being an elitist has just gone way below the belt. :mad: You know... I'd have hoped that socioeconomic class snobbery were left back in the mid 20th century. Evidently not.
    What makes you think he views himself as above the middle classes in the "class system", the working classes can find the middle classes boring, surely?

ReputationRep:
    Ok... svidrigailov, lets get this straight. Not everyone in the world is a genius. Congratulations on having a vocabulary larger than the frigging OED! But we don't want to have to try and decipher the complexity of your posts. A lot of it is waffle. All we are asking is talk like normal people. This is a forum, not part of your Cambridge thesis.
    We went over this in post #143, q. v.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want the natives to get antsy.
    antsy? :aetsch:

and if you havent noticed the british empire and your kind of people have come on gone

So grow up abit :rolleyes: just because you think your better than everyone else doesnt mean you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    You seem to think that its impossible for guys to like easy girls for an extended period of time? I know plenty of people who had sex early on in a relationship and still had it be successful one.
    Having sex early on in a relationship isn't the same as being easy.
    Maybe in the cases you mentioned, the guy truly liked the girl anyway. But as a guy, I know it's easy to want to have sex with a girl. To truly connect, to like her personality is another totally different issue. So a lot of guys convince girls they like them to get sex. It's classic!

ReputationRep:
    We went over this in post #143, q. v.
    I was reinforcing the point. You evidently haven't taken heed to the suggestion made by Technik.

ReputationRep:
    The Natives Strike Back: Episode I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    What makes you think he views himself as above the middle classes in the "class system", the working classes can find the middle classes boring, surely?
    Did I claim that he was "upper class?"

No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    antsy? :aetsch:

and if you havent noticed the british empire and your kind of people have come on gone

So grow up abit :rolleyes: just because you think your better than everyone else doesnt mean you are

I was tempted to use the expression "non sequitur", although perhaps that's a bit too colonial for you. You see, what you've posted is nonsense, that doesn't logically follow from anything I've said; the fact that I don't speak English as you think I ought to speak English says absolutely nothing about my class, or my views on society; and it decidedly does not place me within some dying breed of imperialist aristocracy.

ReputationRep:
    I was reinforcing the point. You evidently haven't taken heed to the suggestion made by Technik.

I disagree with the "suggestion" made by technik for precisely the reasons laid out in post #143 (q. v.), none of which were altered by his argument, such as it was.

ReputationRep:

I wonder what precisely your point was then; if it was not that I was behaving in some condescending patrician manner, then surely it was that I even thought class to be a working model, and not a relic of a bygone age; but it's apparent to anyone with the least iota of sense, that the class system is not merely alive, but manifests itself in the smug, insular world of the horrendously ubiquitous middle-classes.

ReputationRep:
    Noone's opinion is going to be changed by this discussion. If people want to have sex whenever they feel like it, so be it.
    But if a girl sleeps around, gets a reputation or whatever and then wonders why she can't get a decent guy, she shouldn't be surprised. Most decent guys respect girls who don't sleep with random people and who are actually picky about who they sleep with: not just a guy they find attractive or who's got a cool jacket or haircut, but who they truly like/love.
    It's about pride and esteem. Being with a girl who values who she sleeps with makes you feel good, makes you feel special.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.