Turn on thread page Beta

How long should a couple be going out before having sex? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynseyweth)
    OMG I don't think I knew what sex was when I was 11! It's an awful thought that children have sex, it's quite sick, 11 is far too young. I was still playing with dolls at 11. I was so innocent.
    I was still playing barbies with my friends when I was 11, but our barbies were having sex -and even using condoms (made out of blu tack hehe)

ReputationRep:
    When both of you are ready. You'll know when it is time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I was still playing barbies with my friends when I was 11, but our barbies were having sex -and even using condoms (made out of blu tack hehe)
    That, to me, is more disturbing than 11 year olds having sex :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    LOL, that is awful, poor Barbie. Or should I say poor Ken getting blue tac stuck to his privates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    If a guy (over 16 I think) has sex with anyone under 12 it is automatically rape or sexual abuse.
    11 is the age of the children in Primary school. Anyway this thread isn't to discuss consent ages.

Need_Money, I know people that lost their virginity at a younger age then 16. Some of these people didn't tell anyone, kept it between their long term partner and them. And all used protection and/or went on the pill.
    Others (and the majority of my school) would tell everyone about their sex life, and exchange stories.

The latter were called sluts. The quiet ones were called mature and sensible above their ages.
    I dont tell everyone about it, my mates yes, but only cos they asked me.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting thread. Didn't read all of it thoroughly (15 pages :rolleyes: ) so sorry if what I say has been said already.

Personally, I think 16's a pretty reasonable age and you shouldn't be at it beforehand. I can understand if you're in a happy relationship at 15 then fair enough... but sleeping around age 11-15 :eek: Anyway, that's my personal opinion.

As for the original question... it depends on the people and the situation. A lot of my friends go for the "3 month rule". I find that a bit stupid because sometimes it can be the right time before that! I really doubt I would sleep with someone within a month of going out with them though. I've been treated crap by guys I've been really interested in and they were just after sex... now I'm more careful

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with sex under 15/16 cause i think you are too youn. But i think that losing your virginity, you should wait a while till you are 100% comfortable n dont feel pressurised into sex. And after that, you wonder what all the fuss and worrying was about and i don't think there should be months wait or anything like that (i personally couldnt last that long. lol). Plus i think at 18years old i can make a reasonable judgement about sex n precautions. I think that when it feels right then it's ok, be it 2hours or 6months.

ReputationRep:
    x weeks and n days... plus 12 hours 39 minutes and 43 seconds...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    It's only been 3 times. Once when the condom split, second when erm....it kinda just wasn't put on, and the third time was just a precaution.
    you do realise that it only works 3 or 4 times?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.