The Student Room Group

decision time...

every week i have a games lesson that i skive. I have been to one lesson this term and feigned some kind of illness all the other weeks. I do voluntary sport for three hours a week and i don't see why the make me do the compulsory boring rubbish. So, the question is, should i skive again tomorrow? Bearing in mind that I have been ONCE and the teacher is already a bit suspicious, and also the fact that the other teacher who usually covers for me is getting a bit sick of it, and may not take another week. However, it is SO boring, a waste of valuable essay writing time and i like to think i am making a moral stance against compulsory *****. Whadda ya think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you've used up all your sick days, just call in dead :biggrin:
Reply 2
enigmatic
If you've used up all your sick days, just call in dead :biggrin:

or alternatively could say dentist.. but then i think i said that last week... or was that when i said i hurt my ankle? i get confused...
Reply 3
izzy_hattie
or alternatively could say dentist.. but then i think i said that last week... or was that when i said i hurt my ankle? i get confused...

i'm sure google has lots of websites with good and funny excuses :biggrin:
Reply 4
:eek: you have compulsary games at A-Level!?

that's shocking... make a stand :tsr: :biggrin:
Reply 5
enigmatic
i'm sure google has lots of websites with good and funny excuses :biggrin:

have tried many... all varied and worked well. but i dont know whether my teacher will take anymore excuses, even if i was dead. Sooo... either i go (nooooooooooooo dont make me) or i have to skive it without being on the sick list... which means me SCREWED...
Reply 6
Games is a load of crap! It shouldn't be compulsary, cause it is a waste of Valuable study time :frown: I hate Games

Prostest against it :biggrin:
Reply 7
stephx

don't even get me started. 1) they give us this **** that it is complusory by law for every school in uk to have a hour a week games lesson- BULLSHITE.
2) i should be excluded from it anyway, cos i do three hours voluntary sport a week, but when i told my bitch of a teacher that, she told me that i did 2hrs 45 and therefore didn't count. ****!

It makes me SO mad... :mad:
Reply 8
stephx

Agreed :frown:
Reply 9
Sparkey
Agreed :frown:

it actually makes me want to cut my leg off and beat my teacher with it until she bleeds from her eyesockets.

[eugh, that s a slightly sick visual...! :eek: ]
Reply 10
izzy_hattie
it actually makes me want to cut my leg off and beat my teacher with it until she bleeds from her eyesockets.

[eugh, that s a slightly sick visual...! :eek: ]

I know how you feel, I have avoided Games since the start of term! now they're getting annoyed with me! as a year 13 student I should be allowed to use that time to study and not be made to run around a field :frown:
Reply 11
Sparkey
I know how you feel, I have avoided Games since the start of term! now they're getting annoyed with me! as a year 13 student I should be allowed to use that time to study and not be made to run around a field :frown:

omigod exactly. granted i only ever watch videos in that time, but hey, my life is stressful! argh. i think i might just skive and get ****ed sideways...
Reply 12
izzy_hattie
omigod exactly. granted i only ever watch videos in that time, but hey, my life is stressful! argh. i think i might just skive and get ****ed sideways...

Might as well it's not like you get a qualification from it!!! Just give 'em a good excuse :biggrin:
Reply 13
Sparkey
Might as well it's not like you get a qualification from it!!! Just give 'em a good excuse :biggrin:

i dont know whether she is going to take it. six weeks- ive been once. can i really be ill for 5 WHOLE WEEKS? i'll try!
Why not turn up to your lesson and then walk out after you've been registered. Or will he/she notice? Only works when the teacher doesn't know you well or when in a large group.
Reply 15
Blackmarket Boy
Why not turn up to your lesson and then walk out after you've been registered. Or will he/she notice? Only works when the teacher doesn't know you well or when in a large group.

good plan... been done by some of my lesser well-known friends. However, i am LOUD, tall and play sport generally, so my teacher knows me very well (and the hate we share is very obvious)... pity tho...
izzy_hattie
every week i have a games lesson that i skive. I have been to one lesson this term and feigned some kind of illness all the other weeks. I do voluntary sport for three hours a week and i don't see why the make me do the compulsory boring rubbish. So, the question is, should i skive again tomorrow? Bearing in mind that I have been ONCE and the teacher is already a bit suspicious, and also the fact that the other teacher who usually covers for me is getting a bit sick of it, and may not take another week. However, it is SO boring, a waste of valuable essay writing time and i like to think i am making a moral stance against compulsory *****. Whadda ya think?

Depends if its a useful subject. I mean is what you are doing instead beneficial? If you are just messing about then go. Besides the more exercise you get the better (says he who does absolutely none). It depends what sport you are doing I suppose and how tight your work is. :smile:
Reply 17
F1 fanatic
Depends if its a useful subject. I mean is what you are doing instead beneficial? If you are just messing about then go. Besides the more exercise you get the better (says he who does absolutely none). It depends what sport you are doing I suppose and how tight your work is. :smile:

work v. tight my optimistic friend!, also i would get none done. but its volleyball... with a bunch of people who don't speak english let alone hit the ball... AND I HATE THE TEACHER. granted i can just take the piss, but i would much rather sit in the common room with a hot chocolate and watch a movie :redface:
Reply 18
izzy_hattie
but i would much rather sit in the common room with a hot chocolate and watch a movie :redface:

Sounds like a plan. I might do that aswell in my frees tommorow :biggrin: Considering all year 13 have been taken off the timetable for no apparent reason :confused:
Reply 19
Sparkey
Sounds like a plan. I might do that aswell in my frees tommorow :biggrin: Considering all year 13 have been taken off the timetable for no apparent reason :confused:

dont question it! CELEBRATE!

Latest

Trending

Trending