This discussion is closed.
Munchie321
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Aim:
To identify the characteristics of a rocky shore habitat and then relate this information to the distribution and morphological variation of a Seaweed.

im really struggling to do this coursework, ive got the teacher breathing down my neck every five minutes so ive gotta get it dun, i need all teh help i can get...so website would help...erm...also any background knowlegde ppl knw

Thanx

Munchie :confused:
anchemis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
err... read the ecology stuff... and make sure you make clear what you sample, how you sample, when you sample and what you will do with your results... I am sorry.. .but I HATE ECOLOGY... so I am afraid I can't help you anymore than this
madmazda86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Break it down They want you to research the characteristics of a rocky shore habitat - things such as tidal forces (how badly does the shore get bashed by the waves?), oxygen availability (does much residual water stay after the tide has gone out, making oxygen hard to obtain?), soil salinity, salt levels in the air, how exposed the shore is to the wind, that kind of thing.

They also want you to investigate how this environment has affected where the seaweed grows on such a shore - do they grow on top of rocks, or in places where the water collects, or in areas sheltered from the wind - do they grow at the tidal zone or further back on the shore?

Finally, they want you to investigate how the seaweed has adapted itself for the particular conditions that it lives in - things like structural adaptations, biochemical adaptations, colour adaptations etc.

Hope that gives you a bit more idea about what you need to research!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (130)
37.57%
Take autumn exams (106)
30.64%
Look for a job (11)
3.18%
Consider an apprenticeship (13)
3.76%
Take a year out (65)
18.79%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
6.07%

Watched Threads