Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Aim:
    To identify the characteristics of a rocky shore habitat and then relate this information to the distribution and morphological variation of a Seaweed.

im really struggling to do this coursework, ive got the teacher breathing down my neck every five minutes so ive gotta get it dun, i need all teh help i can get...so website would help...erm...also any background knowlegde ppl knw

Thanx

Munchie :confused:

ReputationRep:
    err... read the ecology stuff... and make sure you make clear what you sample, how you sample, when you sample and what you will do with your results... I am sorry.. .but I HATE ECOLOGY... so I am afraid I can't help you anymore than this

ReputationRep:
    Break it down They want you to research the characteristics of a rocky shore habitat - things such as tidal forces (how badly does the shore get bashed by the waves?), oxygen availability (does much residual water stay after the tide has gone out, making oxygen hard to obtain?), soil salinity, salt levels in the air, how exposed the shore is to the wind, that kind of thing.

They also want you to investigate how this environment has affected where the seaweed grows on such a shore - do they grow on top of rocks, or in places where the water collects, or in areas sheltered from the wind - do they grow at the tidal zone or further back on the shore?

Finally, they want you to investigate how the seaweed has adapted itself for the particular conditions that it lives in - things like structural adaptations, biochemical adaptations, colour adaptations etc.

Hope that gives you a bit more idea about what you need to research!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.