The Student Room Group

Returning to university with a 2 year diploma

Hi there!

A few years ago I was studying Classics, Ancient History, and Egyptology at Swansea University. During my third year I had to drop out due to personal circumstances. I was awarded a Diploma for the 2 full years that I completed.

I am wanting to return to university I have read that with my diploma I can do a 'top up degree' that will make my qualification the equivalent of a bachelor's degree. I am however struggling to find good advice or resources as to how to navigate doing such a thing. I am unsure of what courses would be open to me, what universities run top up degrees, and other things on those lines.

If anyone has any experience doing this or knows a good place to get advice on the topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much
Original post by AlwaysConfused98
Hi there!

A few years ago I was studying Classics, Ancient History, and Egyptology at Swansea University. During my third year I had to drop out due to personal circumstances. I was awarded a Diploma for the 2 full years that I completed.

I am wanting to return to university I have read that with my diploma I can do a 'top up degree' that will make my qualification the equivalent of a bachelor's degree. I am however struggling to find good advice or resources as to how to navigate doing such a thing. I am unsure of what courses would be open to me, what universities run top up degrees, and other things on those lines.

If anyone has any experience doing this or knows a good place to get advice on the topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Hi there, I'd recommend contacting universities directly. I'll give this thread a bump to see if anyone can help you.

Anecdotally, I studied Egyptology at the University of Liverpool and I know that they took at least one transfer from Swansea.

Quick Reply