The Student Room Group

Student finance England

I'm an independent/estranged student, when I started my application I submitted a letter from my GP to show my circumstances and proof I was a independent student, SFE still said I needed to show I'm an independent letter last month.

I went to my GP, she redid the letter using the information provided on the evidence sheet list. I forgot to upload it, but I uploaded it last week. Currently, I only have the minimum maintenance loan available to me, Would I still be able to get the maximum amount if student finance approves the new recent letter from my GP?
Original post by trs200101
I'm an independent/estranged student, when I started my application I submitted a letter from my GP to show my circumstances and proof I was a independent student, SFE still said I needed to show I'm an independent letter last month.

I went to my GP, she redid the letter using the information provided on the evidence sheet list. I forgot to upload it, but I uploaded it last week. Currently, I only have the minimum maintenance loan available to me, Would I still be able to get the maximum amount if student finance approves the new recent letter from my GP?

Hi there,

Yes, the evidence will be processed and if it is accepted, your entitlement will be recalculated and updated. Our current timescales are approximately 8 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply