The Student Room Group

When do new placements go live for placement year?

When do companies release their new placements for the following academic year. I am starting second year mechanical engineering this September and wanted to know when placements would go live, and do they release different from websites like gradcracker and rate my placement compare to the Unis own placement hub
(edited 8 months ago)
Ive seen some companies already accepting applicants for the 2024 cycle, main recruiting window for most companies to accept applications from September-End of year 2023 (with roles closing whenever they have enough applicants).

Best to apply early as applicants are often pooled based on when they apply.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Ive seen some companies already accepting applicants for the 2024 cycle, main recruiting window for most companies to accept applications from September-End of year 2023 (with roles closing whenever they have enough applicants).

Best to apply early as applicants are often pooled based on when they apply.

Could you link me to where you've already seen some open applications
Original post by Uzair787
Could you link me to where you've already seen some open applications

I saw the companies announcing on linkedin, I work in industry so regularly see the recruitment posting online shared... but i do not save the links.

Generally they are not hard to find.
Original post by Uzair787
When do companies release their new placements for the following academic year. I am starting second year mechanical engineering this September and wanted to know when placements would go live, and do they release different from websites like gradcracker and rate my placement compare to the Unis own placement hub

It can vary a lot. Anything from pretty soon to only a few weeks before the placement is due to start the next summer. It's best to keep an eye on all available websites, as well as anything your own university offers, to ensure you don't miss any opportunities.

Quick Reply

Latest