The Student Room Group

College Assignment

Hi everyone, American coming for their MBA! Very excited to join but some of the shine has worn off some as I’m still yet to be assigned and I’m finding the admissions/housing process isn’t exactly transparent. Colleges occasionally update the MBA counselors if there are new spots but is there a way to follow up directly? What happens when they say “you’re guaranteed to get into a college?” It’s making me nervous time-line wise as it also proves to be a bottleneck for me to even begin the visa process. Any advice, words of support, or even just some wishful thinking on my behalf is welcome!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, American coming for their MBA! Very excited to join but some of the shine has worn off some as I’m still yet to be assigned and I’m finding the admissions/housing process isn’t exactly transparent. Colleges occasionally update the MBA counselors if there are new spots but is there a way to follow up directly? What happens when they say “you’re guaranteed to get into a college?” It’s making me nervous time-line wise as it also proves to be a bottleneck for me to even begin the visa process. Any advice, words of support, or even just some wishful thinking on my behalf is welcome!

Join the PG forum, everyone is in the same boat. Presumably you are at the Judge, and they sit slightly outside the core PG application process, so College allocation will take even longer. You are guaranteed a College place, it just might take time to find who has space. If it helps, it is likely to be Hughes Hall, Wolfson or St Eds, but still could be anywhere!

Quick Reply