Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For Biology, I need to do a balanced argument on the idea that the cleaner the society, the less natural immunity we will have. Can anyone help?! I don't know where to research this..or if anyone had any random for/against points it would be really usefu. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell! What module is this for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doolally)
    For Biology, I need to do a balanced argument on the idea that the cleaner the society, the less natural immunity we will have. Can anyone help?! I don't know where to research this..or if anyone had any random for/against points it would be really usefu. Thank you!
    I know the hygiene hypothesis states that the cleaner the society the higher the incidence of allergies; I'm not sure about how the natural/innate immune system might be affected though.

ReputationRep:
    If people are less exposed to dirt, dust and so pathogens, then they won't be able to develop 'natural active immunity' - whereby the body makes its own antibodies specific to the strain (this type of immunity is the best and usually stays for life) and memory cells (for quicker secondary response).

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.