This discussion is closed.
Sian01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
For Biology, I need to do a balanced argument on the idea that the cleaner the society, the less natural immunity we will have. Can anyone help?! I don't know where to research this..or if anyone had any random for/against points it would be really usefu. Thank you!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Bloody hell! What module is this for?
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Doolally)
For Biology, I need to do a balanced argument on the idea that the cleaner the society, the less natural immunity we will have. Can anyone help?! I don't know where to research this..or if anyone had any random for/against points it would be really usefu. Thank you!
I know the hygiene hypothesis states that the cleaner the society the higher the incidence of allergies; I'm not sure about how the natural/innate immune system might be affected though.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If people are less exposed to dirt, dust and so pathogens, then they won't be able to develop 'natural active immunity' - whereby the body makes its own antibodies specific to the strain (this type of immunity is the best and usually stays for life) and memory cells (for quicker secondary response).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.88%
Confident (14)
8.54%
Indifferent (16)
9.76%
Unsure (39)
23.78%
Worried (87)
53.05%

Watched Threads