The Student Room Group

Will student finance fund me ?

Hi
I’m in my second year of uni, unfortunately I didn’t do very well in a couple modules this year (land law 1&2) . This year has been pretty tough as due family passing away, my mother has been unwell and I have a learning disability which affects me greatly .
I may have to resit the modules I failed, however I fully rely on student finance to fund .how many years can student finance fund me ?I have completed a foundation year at one uni and changed to do first and second year at another . My question if I have to essentially resit a year (even if it’s a couple modules ) will student finance fund my maintenance loan as I won’t really have anywhere to live ,and be able to cover uni fees ,modules I have to do .
Original post by amber2106
Hi
I’m in my second year of uni, unfortunately I didn’t do very well in a couple modules this year (land law 1&2) . This year has been pretty tough as due family passing away, my mother has been unwell and I have a learning disability which affects me greatly .
I may have to resit the modules I failed, however I fully rely on student finance to fund .how many years can student finance fund me ?I have completed a foundation year at one uni and changed to do first and second year at another . My question if I have to essentially resit a year (even if it’s a couple modules ) will student finance fund my maintenance loan as I won’t really have anywhere to live ,and be able to cover uni fees ,modules I have to do .

Hi there, How long is your course in length in total? We can consider Compelling Personal Reasons also to award an additional year of funding. You’ll need to send a letter to us detailing your Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) along with any evidence of your mitigating circumstances.

Where applicable, we recommend the evidence is:

- Signed and dated
- Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted and this evidence can include:

- Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
- Letter from HEP on headed paper
- Letter from Social Services on headed paper
- Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
- Death Certificate
- A Birth Certificate

Thanks, Angela