The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Got a Ucas or results related question? Ask a Clearing and Applications Advisor here

Unsure about Clearing?
Worried about your Results?
Don't know what something means on your Ucas application?

Our very own Ucas trained Clearing and Applications Advisors are here to help!

Ask them a question below, and they'll get back to you with some helpful advice and support.

Please be aware during busy times it make take longer to get you an answer, but our advisors are checking in on this page daily to offer support. We will let you know if there are any changes to this.

Good luck to everyone waiting on exam results!

Remember, you are more than your grades and you have the power to #BeResultsProud regardless :heart:
(edited 6 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Our Clearing and UCAS Advisors are ready and waiting to support any student worrying about the big day! If you have a question big or small about the next few days, your results, the Clearing process or anything inbetween then please do post them here and we can help :smile:

Quoting in a few people that have posted in the Apps and UCAS forum over the last few weeks.

Apps&UCAS

:hello: Ready and waiting!
:ninjagirl:
Here to help! :biggrin:
Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.

Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.

Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find...the Clearing and Applications Advisors tagged into this thread.
No I do not have a ucas related question and am intrigued as to why I am tagged.
Reply 9

Hi, I have a question. If I miss my firm but that same uni offers me an alternative course, can I call up other unis to potentially find a place on a different course before I accept or reject the alternative offer? Grateful for any comments.
Original post by Guru Jason
No I do not have a ucas related question and am intrigued as to why I am tagged.

I tagged the users who had posted in the Applications and Ucas forum over the last few weeks, sorry if it's not relevant :smile:
Original post by makanmakan
Hi, I have a question. If I miss my firm but that same uni offers me an alternative course, can I call up other unis to potentially find a place on a different course before I accept or reject the alternative offer? Grateful for any comments.

You can try, but most won't make you a verbal offer unless you are actually in clearing.

How committal they are with their advice will vary a lot, but there is no harm in trying.
Reply 12
I have an offer of three A grades... I also applied for and was successful in auditioning for a music scholarship (I'm not studying music btw) and I'm v confident on two of the A grades but the last one of the three Im thinking I'll maybe get a B ....would the scholarship be of any issue in asking for the Uni to consider me if I got AAB and not AAA ? Thanks.
Original post by Admit-One
Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.

Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.

Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find...the Clearing and Applications Advisors tagged into this thread.

Love the reference :horse:

Original post by Elena1804
I have an offer of three A grades... I also applied for and was successful in auditioning for a music scholarship (I'm not studying music btw) and I'm v confident on two of the A grades but the last one of the three Im thinking I'll maybe get a B ....would the scholarship be of any issue in asking for the Uni to consider me if I got AAB and not AAA ? Thanks.

Is the scholarship conditional on you achieving certain grades?
Original post by ThatguyAl
Love the reference :horse:

I'm just glad the film isn't yet old enough for everyone to miss the reference :smile:

Original post by Elena1804

This is a difficult question as each uni has their own method for assessing near miss candidates.

If it's an external scholarship I don't think would make any difference one way or another.

If it's a uni issued scholarship, I suppose hypothetically it might be of benefit? It certainly wouldn't disadvantage you, (although the cynics might think that it would save the uni some money to reject the funded students).

Broadly speaking, I think it can only help.
Reply 16
Original post by CatusStarbright
Is the scholarship conditional on you achieving certain grades?

My original offer was prior to me applying (after applying it only took the Uni a couple of days to make an offer) and successfully gaining the scholarship two months later.
Reply 17
Original post by Admit-One
I'm just glad the film isn't yet old enough for everyone to miss the reference :smile:

This is a difficult question as each uni has their own method for assessing near miss candidates.

If it's an external scholarship I don't think would make any difference one way or another.

If it's a uni issued scholarship, I suppose hypothetically it might be of benefit? It certainly wouldn't disadvantage you, (although the cynics might think that it would save the uni some money to reject the funded students).

Broadly speaking, I think it can only help.

Thanks - in the subject I'm looking to study at Uni (History) I'm pretty confident of the A grade as a minimum - its in Maths I think I'll get a B in. Thanks for your help though. Fingers crossed !
Hi, long story short I was in an abusive relationship all of year 12 and eventually just at the beginning of September in year 13 I reported my ex to the police this whole thing affected my mental health and with me alway having to be at home due to fear and court dates and the police having to interview me constantly I missed out on a lot of the school year making it hard for me to concentrate and I still managed to sit my A levels but I am scared for results day I have a feelings like all this will effect my grades and I isn’t get into my first choice is there anything the university can do and take this into consideration? I have proof and my uni is BCU I’m doing accounting and finance
Hi, long story short I was in an abusive relationship all of year 12 and eventually just at the beginning of September in year 13 I reported my ex to the police this whole thing affected my mental health and with me alway having to be at home due to fear and court dates and the police having to interview me constantly I missed out on a lot of the school year making it hard for me to concentrate and I still managed to sit my A levels but I am scared for results day I have a feelings like all this will effect my grades and I isn’t get into my first choice is there anything the university can do and take this into consideration? I have proof that this took place and my uni is BCU I’m doing accounting and finance
(edited 6 months ago)

Latest