The Student Room Group

Economic History @ LSE - Worth applying?

So, I'm pretty sure I'm applying for straight Economics for 3 of my other choices, and I really like LSE as a University, but since I don't have a maths A Level I can't apply for Economics. Instead, I liked Economic History where maths isn't actually required - however, I'm not sure if I'll have much of a chance if a lot of applicants do.
My predicted grades are A*A*A* in Economics, Geography, and French, and Economics Or History is required, and the entry requirement is AAA. Would I be likely to get an offer?
Reply 1
gcses 9999998887 if any use
Original post by user93_
So, I'm pretty sure I'm applying for straight Economics for 3 of my other choices, and I really like LSE as a University, but since I don't have a maths A Level I can't apply for Economics. Instead, I liked Economic History where maths isn't actually required - however, I'm not sure if I'll have much of a chance if a lot of applicants do.
My predicted grades are A*A*A* in Economics, Geography, and French, and Economics Or History is required, and the entry requirement is AAA. Would I be likely to get an offer?
Guys I'd like some advice.
So I received an offer for LSE to do a BSC in Economic History. But there is some serious conflict in my family about it. My parents are saying that the accommodation, travel, living costs are too high for them to afford. Thing is we're not poor, my dads on 75k , about 50k after tax which would kinda suggest I could do it. But this is the thing, my sister also has to go to uni next year (she's in year 12) so the cost almost doubles for both of us. On top of that he has a mortgage to pay and yk lots of other costs. So we really don't have any disposable income. But because of his salary, (mum is a stay at home mum) I'm not eligible for more than about 4 grand maintenance, if that, even in London.

This has been really depressing me because its been my dream to go to LSE and I just don't know what to do.
Any info on how much costs actually are, like a final figure would be helpful to help making my case to my parents. And overall any other advice would be really helpful :smile:
Original post by Robin Costache
Guys I'd like some advice.
So I received an offer for LSE to do a BSC in Economic History. But there is some serious conflict in my family about it. My parents are saying that the accommodation, travel, living costs are too high for them to afford. Thing is we're not poor, my dads on 75k , about 50k after tax which would kinda suggest I could do it. But this is the thing, my sister also has to go to uni next year (she's in year 12) so the cost almost doubles for both of us. On top of that he has a mortgage to pay and yk lots of other costs. So we really don't have any disposable income. But because of his salary, (mum is a stay at home mum) I'm not eligible for more than about 4 grand maintenance, if that, even in London.
This has been really depressing me because its been my dream to go to LSE and I just don't know what to do.
Any info on how much costs actually are, like a final figure would be helpful to help making my case to my parents. And overall any other advice would be really helpful :smile:

sorry I don't have much advice but, are you able to possibly ask LSE to defer your place to next year and you might be able to sort something out in that time, perhaps get part-time or full-time work to help with funds?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending