The Student Room Group

degree apprenticeships and clearing A level results day

I've applied for the pwc degree apprenticeship at queen mary london and got an offer of ABB. I didn't apply to university as a back up and I only have one other apprenticeship offer in accounting which I don't really want to do. Tomorrow is results day and I don't know what my plan would be if I didn't make the grades for queens/pwc. Is there such thing as clearing for apprenticeships where I can ring unis I know do degree apprenticeships and ask if they have vacancies?
Original post by rhyxan
I've applied for the pwc degree apprenticeship at queen mary london and got an offer of ABB. I didn't apply to university as a back up and I only have one other apprenticeship offer in accounting which I don't really want to do. Tomorrow is results day and I don't know what my plan would be if I didn't make the grades for queens/pwc. Is there such thing as clearing for apprenticeships where I can ring unis I know do degree apprenticeships and ask if they have vacancies?

Hey rhyxan,

Degree apprenticeships are run by employers with a university partner so they are not advertised in Clearing.

If you don't get accepted/ get the grades check in with us here and we can go through the options.

If you didn't apply for uni I am imagining you haven't visited any unis - applying through Clearing this year might be a bit of a gamble if you're not entirely sure - in which case taking a year out could really serve you.

This thread is helpful https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7239407
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
Hey rhyxan,

Degree apprenticeships are run by employers with a university partner so they are not advertised in Clearing.

If you don't get accepted/ get the grades check in with us here and we can go through the options.

If you didn't apply for uni I am imagining you haven't visited any unis - applying through Clearing this year might be a bit of a gamble if you're not entirely sure - in which case taking a year out could really serve you.

This thread is helpful https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7239407

Hi,

Im in the same situation as the other person, I have a really good degree apprenticeship however I have missed the required grades by quite a lot. That being said the university the degree is done at accepts clearing and seems like it would accept low grades. How should I go about this? Or should I just retake alevels.

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by StarMan34
Hi,

Im in the same situation as the other person, I have a really good degree apprenticeship however I have missed the required grades by quite a lot. That being said the university the degree is done at accepts clearing and seems like it would accept low grades. How should I go about this? Or should I just retake alevels.

Thanks

I would contact the employer that made you the offer. Maybe there will be some flexibility. The University they partner with will likely require certain A Level grades. But again there might be some flexibility. I'd have thought start with the employer and if they really want you they might be able to square it with the university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending