Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, sorry for deleting that gcse thread, mistake.... carry on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Tut tut, hell no I ain't typing all that again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    *ollie trying to take credit for maskall's work*

GCSE:

A* RE, French, Maths, Additional Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Latin

A English Language, English Literature, History, IT

B Polish

As

A English Language

A

A Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry

B Polish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    *ollie trying to take credit for maskall's work*

A

A Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry

B Polish
    Damn elpaw! Couldn't post me all your Maths notes could you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Damn elpaw! Couldn't post me all your Maths notes could you?
    I chucked them all away....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I chucked them all away....
    Nehiiiiiiiiiiiii...!!! Oh! Did you use any revision guides or websites or books that you could recommend to me?

ReputationRep:
    Just testing my new siggy
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    wtf

GCSEs

Science (dual award) A*/A* (big surprise as I was averaging about a C/B throughout the modular exams :confused: )
    Maths A
    English Lit B
    Design and Technology B
    Geography B
    Business Studies B
    English Lang C
    Art and Design C

A Levels

General Studies A
    Physics B
    Maths (Pure and Applied) C
    Chemistry D

Degree

64% overall (60%+ = 2i)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Just testing my new siggy
    Doesn't work on mine, it just shows that white box with red cross. How do you put pics in the signature anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Pencil Queen, what percentage is a first? Congrats on your 2:1 by the way!

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't work on mine, it just shows that white box with red cross. How do you put pics in the signature anyway?
    think you gotta host your own files, top site for this is:

http://www.brinkster.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    wtf

GCSEs

Science (dual award) A*/A* (big surprise as I was averaging about a C/B throughout the modular exams :confused: )
    Wow! I've got an average of B's in my modular exams. Does that mean I have a chance of getting an A? Did you revise hard and did you think you got most of the exam correct?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Pencil Queen, what percentage is a first? Congrats on your 2:1 by the way!
    For Geology BSc at Soton it's 70%...

tbh the percentages don't really mean much as the majority of questions had essay answers so it was more a judgement call on the part of the markers than them following a marking scheme...if they think it's worth of a 2i they give it a mark between 60% and 70%, if they think it's worthy of a 2ii they give a mark between 50% and 60%...the percentages are just an artificial creation to allow module scores to be combined - bit like UMS in the new AS/A2s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    think you gotta host your own files, top site for this is:

http://www.brinkster.com
    Cheers, just trying it out.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, just trying it out.
    best things in life are free. THIS IS FREEEEE!!!!!!!! FREE I TELL YOU!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASKALL_LEGEND!)
    Gcse Results:

Mathematics - A
    Double Award Science - A* A*
    English Literature - A*
    English Language - A
    (english Speaking/listening) - A
    Religous Education - A*
    Graphical Products - A
    French - A
    Business Studies - A*
    History - A*

bet u over stated that lot considering ur lack of intelligence
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Wow! I've got an average of B's in my modular exams. Does that mean I have a chance of getting an A? Did you revise hard and did you think you got most of the exam correct?
    No I didn't revise hard (I wrote a book with my friend during science lessons and just glanced over the syllabus a few times before the final exams) however the modules were weighted towards biology (which I hated) with a bit of chem and all of the physics modules where in the final exam which carried double the weighting...and I *got* physics without much effort

And I thought I did awfully in my exams...but turned out to be wrong - for example in D&T my coursework was working out at an E and my exam dragged that up to a B. Same with geography (except my courseword for that was absolutely dire and was marked as just 9%)...but then geography exams I always used to Ace (got 100% in the mocks).

I was very dissapointed with my english marks as I was predicted 2 As...but then I didn't really put in the effort needed with the coursework and used the lower marked book (Of Mice and Men) instead of the higher one (Mayor of Casterbridge) simply because I loathed the mayor of casterbridge and found it mind numbingly dull.

Basically I do badly in any courses that involve substantial amounts of coursework and do far far better in ones with emphasis on exams. (Although I managed to get a 62% for my dissertation so I'm getting better at pacing myself and putting the effort in even when I find the subject matter boring).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    No I didn't revise hard (I wrote a book with my friend during science lessons and just glanced over the syllabus a few times before the final exams) however the modules were weighted towards biology (which I hated) with a bit of chem and all of the physics modules where in the final exam which carried double the weighting...and I *got* physics without much effort

And I thought I did awfully in my exams...but turned out to be wrong - for example in D&T my coursework was working out at an E and my exam dragged that up to a B. Same with geography (except my courseword for that was absolutely dire and was marked as just 9%)...but then geography exams I always used to Ace (got 100% in the mocks).

I was very dissapointed with my english marks as I was predicted 2 As...but then I didn't really put in the effort needed with the coursework and used the lower marked book (Of Mice and Men) instead of the higher one (Mayor of Casterbridge) simply because I loathed the mayor of casterbridge and found it mind numbingly dull.

Basically I do badly in any courses that involve substantial amounts of coursework and do far far better in ones with emphasis on exams. (Although I managed to get a 62% for my dissertation so I'm getting better at pacing myself and putting the effort in even when I find the subject matter boring).
    Thanks for telling me that. I hate Physics, and I think the modular tests that I've done are 2 Physics, Chem, Bio. Thats a big difference between coursework and mocks (geog) but you still go a great grade

ReputationRep:
    Maths - A
    English - A* (A*)
    English Lit - A*
    Double Science - A* A*
    French - A*
    German - A*
    Geography - A*
    History - A*

ReputationRep:
    Biology- A*
    Chemistry- A*
    Physics- A*
    Maths- A*
    French- A*
    German- A*
    Geography- A*
    English Lit- A*
    English Lang- A
    Graphics- B
    RE- B

AS:

Biology- A
    Chemistry-A
    Physics- A
    Maths- A

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.