The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

what is it like being a student that only got in because of a reduced offer?

i got into UCL with a reduced offer and was wondering if anyone could provide insight into what its like.
I cant help but feel like i don't belong on the course.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TEARSlol
i got into UCL with a reduced offer and was wondering if anyone could provide insight into what its like.
I cant help but feel like i don't belong on the course.

Reduced offers do not give you an unfair advantage. They are there to level the playing field. You were given it for a reason. You deserve to be there just as much as anyone else.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by lalexm
Reduced offers do not give you an unfair advantage. They are there to level the playing field. You were given it for a reason. You deserve to be there just as much as anyone else.

Well said
Reply 3
Original post by lalexm

ok, thank you so much this makes me feel better!
Reply 4
Original post by TEARSlol
ok, thank you so much this makes me feel better!

BTW, although it was many years ago, I went to UCL. Absolutely brilliant uni. Congrats.
Nobody will know that you got a reduced offer. Also, know that there were applicants on your course who narrowly missed their offer but were still accepted (yes, it happens). You are just as god as everyone else and you have a chance to start from scratch at uni.
Once you get to UCL you might want to see what their Widening Partcipation provision is, they have support for people who received contextual offers.

Quick Reply