Would you go out in these conditions? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I am running out of money, I have spent too much time in clubs lately and I need to get work done.

Four of us were supposed be going now one has pulled out leaving only two best mates going and they are not getting into town until 9, the buses stop running to my house at 11:30-12:00 which means I iwll have to get a taxi back.

If I cancel it now it may look obvious that the only reason I am not going because another friend isn't. In a bit of dilema.

I personaly am not bothered either way, but I don't have much money.
Mrs_F
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I am running out of money, I have spent too much time in clubs lately and I need to get work done.

Four of us were supposed be going now one has pulled out leaving only two best mates going and they are not getting into town until 9, the buses stop running to my house at 11:30-12:00 which means I iwll have to get a taxi back.

If I cancel it now it may look obvious that the only reason I am not going because another friend isn't. In a bit of dilema.

Why don't you have a night in and a drink in the house? If you go out when you don't feel like it you might have a crap night and waste your money. It might be a better night to just stop in and drink in someone's house. (Just a suggestion - probably a bad one lol).
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by lynseyweth)
Why don't you have a night in and a drink in the house? If you go out when you don't feel like it you might have a crap night and waste your money. It might be a better night to just stop in and drink in someone's house. (Just a suggestion - probably a bad one lol).
A good sugesstion but not a practical one, my mates live even further than town and it costs even more, I don't need a drink anyway. Now I need an excuse not go out.

I was up for it only this afternoon but since my other mates pulled out I really can't be bothered either.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Truth is the best policy dude! If you make up an excuse it will be obvious. Just say to them why you don't want to go out and say you don't want them to think it is because the other guy aint going.

Anyway, good luck!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just tell 'em you're skint and I am sure they will understand.
sparkly_tiara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You are only young once! You never know what tonight could bring! I would go for it, enjoy yourself and vow to yourself that you will do some work after you're good night out. And you are a student- you are meant to be broke anyway! Please go out and have some fun! Be spontaneous!

Lou
xxx
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sparkly_tiara)
You are only young once! You never know what tonight could bring! I would go for it, enjoy yourself and vow to yourself that you will do some work after you're good night out. And you are a student- you are meant to be broke anyway! Please go out and have some fun! Be spontaneous!

Lou
xxx
hehe it's not really being spontaneous if it is a planned night out! :p:
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would go, if it wasn't for the buses. Taxis are EXPENSIVE! Not only would you spending money on drinks/getting in places, but taxi home too. Don't go... tell them that you honestly can't afford it.
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
don't go hun
AT82
Rep:
?

Lou
xxx
Thats what my heart is saying, but my brain is saying I have been here 1000 times before and I wish I hadn't bothered going out. My sisters is also going to the same club now so thats convinced me to stay in.

I will send them a text message if they convince me to come I will go if they are not bothered I will leave it. I have been going out two nights a week since christmas anyway which is more than enough.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
don't go hun
:dito: :withstupi
save your money
sparkly_tiara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
hehe it's not really being spontaneous if it is a planned night out! :p:
Spontaneous wasn't the right word, was it! I meant something along the lines of "just go for it, you only live once", perhaps more socialble maybe?? Some of my best nights have been the ones i didn't originally want to go on but went anyway and am so glad i did!

Lou
xxx
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
I would go, if it wasn't for the buses. Taxis are EXPENSIVE! Not only would you spending money on drinks/getting in places, but taxi home too. Don't go... tell them that you honestly can't afford it.
Yep if the was buses I would go without a doubt, then I can easily go home if they go to a club I don't like or somthing, but the taxi is going to cost £8 and I intend to go on holiday when I graduate so I need to start being careful. I have been spending £40 a week on nights out lately.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Some of my best nights have been the ones i didn't originally want to go on but went anyway and am so glad i did!
Yeah me too actually....I met my soulmate on a night I didn't really want to go out but forced myself!
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by NikNak)
Yeah me too actually....I met my soulmate on a night I didn't really want to go out but forced myself!
You're confusing me now. Ok my sisters going to the same club, that equals hell. I need to displine myself and don;t go, instead spend four hours doing university work, my stress will be relieved and I will be glad I stayed in.

As I said before its not like I never go out so there is no novelty in it at all.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would personally go. Like a couple of the others have said you only live once, make the most of it. Whenever i feel like this i think back to one of the first times i went out clubbing for the night. One of my best mates wanted to come, but in the end decided not to because of a small reason. We had an awesome night, and he missed out. Now everyime i just think ah why the hell not, and go out.

As i get the feeling you really dont want to though, money is always a good excuse.
amo1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i hear u just see if all of u can go out another time
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nah don't go, but get some work done
AT82
Rep:
?
Told him I am not going now. You have to be in the mood and they are too laid back I will just annoy them tonight I think.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You're confusing me now. Ok my sisters going to the same club, that equals hell. I need to displine myself and don;t go, instead spend four hours doing university work, my stress will be relieved and I will be glad I stayed in.

As I said before its not like I never go out so there is no novelty in it at all.
Well if you go out twice a week anyway it's not like you are missing out on anything. Since you are in your 3rd year and really want a 2:1, I would stay in and work if I was in your position.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.84%
Leave (222)
20.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed