The Student Room Group

Sports Therapy

HI,
Looking for some advice as I am kind of stuck. I previously studied an access course but unfortunately, I got quite ill so was unable to continue at the college. I approached the University of East London about their integrated foundation year with Sport Therapy and the advisor on the phone stated that I would not be eligible as they require a Level 3 qualification (which I don't have). I just wanted to find out if there were any alternative routes to gaining entry onto a university degree course. I was considering doing ITEC Level 3 Sports Massage as an option but wanted to find out if anyone had a similar issue, and how they navigated through it. Hope to hear from any of you soon, please and thank you.
Original post by hawa1984
HI,
Looking for some advice as I am kind of stuck. I previously studied an access course but unfortunately, I got quite ill so was unable to continue at the college. I approached the University of East London about their integrated foundation year with Sport Therapy and the advisor on the phone stated that I would not be eligible as they require a Level 3 qualification (which I don't have). I just wanted to find out if there were any alternative routes to gaining entry onto a university degree course. I was considering doing ITEC Level 3 Sports Massage as an option but wanted to find out if anyone had a similar issue, and how they navigated through it. Hope to hear from any of you soon, please and thank you.

There is a list of alternative level 3 qualifications here, but you would need to check with unis if they would accept them for your course:

https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels

Would you consider restarting the access course so that you can apply to uni next year?

Quick Reply