The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Masters taught vs Masters research

I am just at the beginning of my learning journey as a mature student. I'm loving studying and getting good grades . Although it's some time away I do like to look to the future and I like the idea of doing a Masters, obviously as long as I get the right grade.

I have read on Google, which is why I'm asking on here for first hand experience, that with a research Masters you only focus on one topic throughout the entire degree and with a taught it's many different topics. Is this true? I love to do research however having to focus on one topic when I can get experience from many different topics on a taught degree may affect any future job prospects. If I only have experience in one topic from the research degree would it limit my employment opportunities to only my chosen subject that I researched?

Can anyone give me some advice on this please. The reason I have put it on the University of Birmingham page is because that's where I would probably look at applying as long as their still doing the courses I'm interested in when I am finished.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending