Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Could those of you in a student house give me an idea of what your bills are like. We're looking for a house with 6 rooms. It'd most likely have gas heating and water. How much would we be looking at per month for gas, electricity and water bills?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Laura*)
    Hiya,

Could those of you in a student house give me an idea of what your bills are like. We're looking for a house with 6 rooms. It'd most likely have gas heating and water. How much would we be looking at per month for gas, electricity and water bills?

Thanks x

How can we help when we have no idea where in the country you are? :confused: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Laura*)
    Hiya,

Thanks x
    In my house, we pay £50/month for gas (although this was over winter...) and about £50/month for electricity (however, one of our housemates insists on having as many power hungry devices as he can turned on!)

As for water, we pay just about £200 a year, so I'd say £20/month max

This is a 6 person, single glazed terraced house.
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, it's in Manchester. House hunting is fun but frustrating lol.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 5 bed house so far its been £140 ish gas £160 (I think but it could have been more) ish for electric how bad is my memory I paid them both as well. That was for 6 months ish.

ReputationRep:
    i live in a 6 bedroom end of terrace house with single glasing and we pay a combined sum of £40 a month for electricity, £40 a month for Gas, £61.37 for Water.

In Exeter.

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

How can we help when we have no idea where in the country you are? :confused: :rolleyes:
    Utillity bills are at fixed rates and are the same all over the country, so location doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    Utillity bills are at fixed rates and are the same all over the country, so location doesn't matter.
    Ummm... that's not true...? Different geographic regions are served by different utility companies with different prices. It's also not usually flat-rate pricing.

ReputationRep:
    we pay:

£40 a month for net (2mbit ADSL)
    £15 a month for phoneline (through BT)

then about £20 a term for gas each (theres 5 of us), £25 a term for electricity. Water is included in our rent.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.