Watch
This discussion is closed.
*Laura*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hiya,

Could those of you in a student house give me an idea of what your bills are like. We're looking for a house with 6 rooms. It'd most likely have gas heating and water. How much would we be looking at per month for gas, electricity and water bills?

Thanks x
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Laura*)
Hiya,

Could those of you in a student house give me an idea of what your bills are like. We're looking for a house with 6 rooms. It'd most likely have gas heating and water. How much would we be looking at per month for gas, electricity and water bills?

Thanks x

How can we help when we have no idea where in the country you are? :confused: :rolleyes:
Col-C
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Laura*)
Hiya,

Thanks x
In my house, we pay £50/month for gas (although this was over winter...) and about £50/month for electricity (however, one of our housemates insists on having as many power hungry devices as he can turned on!)

As for water, we pay just about £200 a year, so I'd say £20/month max

This is a 6 person, single glazed terraced house.
Hope this helps!
*Laura*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Thanks, it's in Manchester. House hunting is fun but frustrating lol.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have a 5 bed house so far its been £140 ish gas £160 (I think but it could have been more) ish for electric how bad is my memory I paid them both as well. That was for 6 months ish.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i live in a 6 bedroom end of terrace house with single glasing and we pay a combined sum of £40 a month for electricity, £40 a month for Gas, £61.37 for Water.

In Exeter.

love Katy***
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

How can we help when we have no idea where in the country you are? :confused: :rolleyes:
Utillity bills are at fixed rates and are the same all over the country, so location doesn't matter.
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Noel)
Utillity bills are at fixed rates and are the same all over the country, so location doesn't matter.
Ummm... that's not true...? Different geographic regions are served by different utility companies with different prices. It's also not usually flat-rate pricing.
Ynox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we pay:

£40 a month for net (2mbit ADSL)
£15 a month for phoneline (through BT)

then about £20 a term for gas each (theres 5 of us), £25 a term for electricity. Water is included in our rent.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (159)
58.24%
No they should not (84)
30.77%
Abstain (30)
10.99%

Watched Threads